Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts

Old 4 Days Ago   #1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Koni Special Active vs FSDs

I've been trying to trace a kit of Koni FSDs and it appears everywhere's either showing 'not available' on all kits, or 'awaiting new stock'.

And then I had a check through the Koni website, and it appears they've discontinued FSDs (which were a sort-of gold colour direct from them), replacing them with red 'special active' dampers instead.

Has anyone tried the new-look special active dampers at all on their 500? Apparently they're very slightly tweaked FSDs, just with a new name and less interesting colour scheme.

mj2k is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
I can do stuff!

Baglady1990 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Quote Originally Posted by mj2k View Post
I've been trying to trace a kit of Koni FSDs and it appears everywhere's either showing 'not available' on all kits, or 'awaiting new stock'.

And then I had a check through the Koni website, and it appears they've discontinued FSDs (which were a sort-of gold colour direct from them), replacing them with red 'special active' dampers instead.

Has anyone tried the new-look special active dampers at all on their 500? Apparently they're very slightly tweaked FSDs, just with a new name and less interesting colour scheme.
Yes! When I replaced all the suspension on my 10yr 500 last year I decided to get the red Koni special active as a bit of an upgrade & to try and loose the rough drive
I must admit they have evened out the ride! Iím not familiar with FSDs but the special active get a big thumbs up from me! I did front & rear with new springs and top mounts
Likes mj2k liked this post

Baglady1990 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
United Kingdom 
Re: Koni Special Active vs FSDs

Quote Originally Posted by Baglady1990 View Post
Yes! When I replaced all the suspension on my 10yr 500 last year I decided to get the red Koni special active as a bit of an upgrade & to try and loose the rough drive
I must admit they have evened out the ride! Iím not familiar with FSDs but the special active get a big thumbs up from me! I did front & rear with new springs and top mounts
That's good to know

I've got some new Eibach Sportlines sitting in the garage to go with either the FSDs I've got on order or the special actives if the FSDs don't arrive (I very much doubt they will), and I'll be going for front and rears too.

mj2k is offline Reply With Quote Quote