Technical The soft top doesnt fully close.

Currently reading:
Technical The soft top doesnt fully close.

Thayzell

Hi!

The soft top wont fully close. It stops with a gap of 1-2cm to the windscreen. I have tried to re-set it with instructions i have read here. When i hold the button it stops in position one, then i have to let go from the button and push it again and then it goes to fully open.

Is it possible to close it manually with the ”bolt” in the boot?

Does anyone have any clues how to fix it?

Sorry for my english, take care!

Attachments

• 0E319FF9-78DE-42CB-8E6E-8E1DA8289E8E.jpeg
    0E319FF9-78DE-42CB-8E6E-8E1DA8289E8E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Hi!

The soft top wont fully close. It stops with a gap of 1-2cm to the windscreen. I have tried to re-set it with instructions i have read here. When i hold the button it stops in position one, then i have to let go from the button and push it again and then it goes to fully open.

Is it possible to close it manually with the ”bolt” in the boot?

Does anyone have any clues how to fix it?

Sorry for my english, take care!

Does the wind deflector fold down properly? Try locking it down and see if that makes a difference. When the deflector is locked down my roof opens silently but when the deflector is free to deploy there's always a loud 'clack' as the roof latch releases. I've never figured out why.

I would then try to close the roof fully manually by turning the nut in the boot. If it closes try the initialization procedure again. If it does't there may be an issue with the roof latching mechanism. You could try spraying it with a dry lube too.

I have similar problems sometimes with mine. If the deflector is hold down or not, this makes no difference in this case. But when I support with the other hand the forward roof movement then it normally closes. For me it seems that the roof is under too much tenson, or the the motor-safety shut-off force is too low. I already claimed this at my dealer as the car is only one year old, but the roof liners were only lubricated...let´s see.
The 500C that I had for 11 years before the 595C, showed that behaviour not once in this time.

Alright, a little update.

When the soft top was fully closed it had a gap och ca 2cm.
Tried to close it manually with the bolt. It was stuck When i tried to close it more. Then i tried to open it manually, and it worked fine. Jumped in to the car and thought that it didnt work. Pushed the close button on mistake because i wanted to have it fully open. But to my suprise it closed to all the way. Problem solved!

I thought at least.. Now When i open it, it stops at wrong positions.. and it doesnt open to the max..I think that i need to adjust it with the manual bolt maybe.

Yes, if you can fully close it I would then try the initialization procedure again. There is nothing you can adjust. There are no sensors to tell the controller where the roof is either - it has to learn the limits of travel.

I would suggest you disconnect the battery for half an hour after closing the roof fully, then reconnect the battery, start the engine and run the initialization again.

Back