General Abarth Announces All Its Models Will Be Electric From 2024.

Currently reading:
General Abarth Announces All Its Models Will Be Electric From 2024.

Fiat has revealed that from 2024, all future performance models from the Abarth brand will be all-electric.
Abarth is best known for its sporty versions of the 500 but also sells the 124 Spider, Fiat’s version of the Mazda MX-5 Miata.

Abarth fans love its models for their compact size and the respectable performance they offer and as the brands ventures into an electric world, its cars could become even faster.

Fiat confirmed Abarth’s shift to all-electric vehicles during the Stellantis EV day but failed to specify what its first all-electric model will be. In all likelihood, it could be a tuned version of the electric Fiat 500e.

In standard form, this model is good for 118 hp and 162 lb-ft (220 Nm) from its single electric motor, and the easiest move for Abarth would be to simply tweak this motor to extract some more power. The more exciting option would be for Abarth to fit a second electric motor, potentially bringing total power to beyond 200 hp, making it quite the (electric) pocket rocket.

Looking beyond the Abarth brand, Fiat itself has previously committed to becoming an EV-only brand by 2030. Before that happens, though, every model in its lineup will be available with a battery-electric variant by 2024. In addition, all of its commercial vehicles will offer an electric option starting from next year.

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/07/abarth-announces-all-its-models-will-be-electric-from-2024/

Attachments

• Abarth EV 2024.jpg
    Abarth EV 2024.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 74
Based on the scalable EMD solutions, for STLA small, power wil range from 70-180 kW, 125-180 kW is planned for the top of STLA small.
The 500e has 70 kW and 87 kW, Abarth versions could get every thing between 125 kW up to 180 kW.
2024 does not mean that a Abarth EV will be introduced then, it mean ICE Abarth will no longer available after 2024.
A Abarth EV will be introduced before that, probably 2023.

"Heating up people, not the planet".

I like it!

gr J

It's the best slogan of the lot, by far. The ones for the other brands vary from middling to atrocious, but the Abarth one could actually pass as an advertising strapline when the time comes.

That new 500e platform is crying out for the Abarth treatment, so hopefully it happens. Looking at Stellantis electric car platform plans I can't see any mention of the 500e platform & it looks like the smallest platform is likely to be the PSA eCMP one from the 208, 2008 & C4, but I hope I'm wrong.

Shouldn't be too difficult for Fiat to offer a battery electric version of each model by 2024 though - the 500e is already available with the old one likely to be discontinued by 2023 to allow production space for the new 500x, Renegade & small Alfa crossover to be produced in the Poland factory, Panda is surely going to be moved to the 500e platform (otherwise what's the point in having such a good platform?), 500L will go and I can't imagine a direct replacement, new 500x is planned for 2023, that just leaves the Tipo, which i imagine will move to the eCMP platform like the new Citroen C4.

Back