General Black 2021 Abarth 595 Competizione.

Currently reading:
General Black 2021 Abarth 595 Competizione.

What do you think about it, yes or no. ?? :D

De 695 - 70th anniversario body kit can only be ordered with this Black and the Mat Blue colors.

And what about the mechanical Limited Slip Differential. yes or no. ??
It would mean these wheels are no option in the configurator, in combination with the LSD.

I would other it without the Sabelt seats, and would order high adjustable normal sport seats.

Attachments

• 2021 Black 595 Competizione-1.jpg
    2021 Black 595 Competizione-1.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 842
  • 2021 Black 595 Competizione-2.jpg
    2021 Black 595 Competizione-2.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 2021 Black 595 Competizione-3.jpg
    2021 Black 595 Competizione-3.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 188
If we have another Abarth, it'll be a Matt Rally Blue Comp.

I don't think the body kit is worth the cost.

If you're not track daying, I don't think the diff is worth it either.

I'd probably have the Sabelts, depending on if they fit or not, I think the normal leather seats look good too, in a different way.

Difficult choices..... Looks great

But it´s always only re heating of the old theme.
Noting really new, no suspension improvement (I mean geometry, stuff like this), no chassis stiffness improvent. No changes since 2008....nothing...

Noting really new, no suspension improvement (I mean geometry, stuff like this), no chassis stiffness improvent. No changes since 2008....nothing...

Nope, nothing to get excited about, no New GSE-Firefly engines, No 6-speed gearbox, no new suspension upgrades, just Re Heating a old car for years. :(

Nou worth the Money, IMHO.

There have not been many cars that have had as long a production run as the 500.

The Ford Capri is one, the same shell from '74 - '86.

To quote from AutoExpress, "Ford masked the Capri’s age through well-considered, cash-conscious trickery", which is exactly what Fiat have done with the 500.

But, as with the Capri by the time the Brooklands tribute edition launched, the car is looking ever more like a poor relation to the more modern, faster and more practical offerings of the competition. The diehards will likely stay faithful; it didn't stop me buying one of the last Capris off the production line.

Both cars will have a well earned place in the history of motoring.

Last edited:
Nothing?
The suspension has been substantially improved since I had my first Abarth in 2012.

The fixed hard points in the chassis mean its hard to change the geometry and the stiffness without a completely new platform...

They should be using the Firefly engine by now, a steering column you can adjust for reach would help.

Nothing?
The suspension has been substantially improved since I had my first Abarth in 2012.

What has changed, beside some "improved" spring rates and FSD dampers??

For me the best example are the front wishbones. They are the same with the small 500 and Ford Ka...and in a Abarth at least the bushings are undersized.
So why not develop an reinforced one, perhaps also with some wider track, so that the body-kit becomes functional....

Much lower offset wheels would work, the offset 38 factory wheels are too far inboard.
My red wheels (soon Silk Gloss Black) have offset 26, and the hole Stance of the car looks much better and it has a 12mm Positive Scrub Radius per corner.
Also replaced the factory Eibach springs from the Koni FSD kit for H&R springs, 20mm lower at the front and 35mm lower at the back, with a improved spring rate and ride quality, IMHO.

But you can not compare a track enlagement done by spacers with an enlargement done by longer wishbones. 12mm more scrub radius might have a negative effect when drivetrain interactions happen, e.g. when cornering. Think only to Ford´s Revo Knuckle system, or the front suspension of the MéganeII/III RS, that tried to minimize those influences.

But you can not compare a track enlagement done by spacers with an enlargement done by longer wishbones. 12mm more scrub radius might have a negative effect when drivetrain interactions happen, e.g. when cornering. Think only to Ford´s Revo Knuckle system, or the front suspension of the MéganeII/III RS, that tried to minimize those influences.

I don't have spacers, i just have different offset wheels.
But i understand what you mean.

O.K. this stretch will be hard...:D
In Germany there are some tuners existing that provide lower seat consoles for the standard and also the Sabelt seats. I´m not that tall, so I´, O.K. with the lowest OEM position. My wife anyhow, and it is her car...

As I said for me O.K. And I also still own my Clio Mk.1 now since 25 Years and it has compared to the Abarth a deep seat position. But honestly said getting in and out was also already easier....;)

Attachments

• 20200514_182829_copy_2016x1700.jpg
    20200514_182829_copy_2016x1700.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 35
Back