General Black 2021 Abarth 595 Competizione.

Currently reading:
General Black 2021 Abarth 595 Competizione.

Rumor has it that in Q1 2022 the FIAT 500X get a 1.5ltr Turbo Firefly 48v Mild Hybrid engine with 190 hp.

That would be a excellent engine for the Abarth 595. :D

It would, but I doubt that that would fit in a 595,its hard enough getting the current engine to fit, let alone the hybrid gubbins as well....

I suspect that the 1.3 Firefly Hybrid is more likely to be in the Alfa Tonale, although it wouldn't surprise me if there are some 500x mules with it fitted for evaluating the drivetrain

It would, but I doubt that that would fit in a 595,its hard enough getting the current engine to fit, let alone the hybrid gubbins as well....

I suspect that the 1.3 Firefly Hybrid is more likely to be in the Alfa Tonale, although it wouldn't surprise me if there are some 500x mules with it fitted for evaluating the drivetrain

A Mild Hybrid system is Alternator size, so it could fit. ;)

i believe AC is mandatory in new cars by EU law.

I think you may be getting this confused with the Directive requiring all newly designed cars which have A/C to use a refrigerant with a GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 150 or lower. There's no requirement to fit A/C; but if they do, it must use the newer type of gas. R134a (used in most cars currently on the road) has a GWP of 1430. This means that any subsequent regassing is gong to cost you quite a bit more, as the new gas is (unsurprisingly) considerably more expensive.

Last edited:
Back