Technical Swapping a uconnect unit

Currently reading:
Technical Swapping a uconnect unit

Drassini

Hi I have been looking around but can't find any decisive info on it. Can I swap my uconnect 5" out of my 2017 595 and fit a second hand uconnect 7"? What's involved etc. Thanks in advance.

Hi I have been looking around but can't find any decisive info on it. Can I swap my uconnect 5" out of my 2017 595 and fit a second hand uconnect 7"? What's involved etc. Thanks in advance.

Yes, however as we found out recently, one of the members of the forum brought his car to me to do a proxy alignment. He had replaced the standard one fir a brand new 2020 Apple CarPlay one but the Apple car play didn’t even have the icon. The car wasn’t seeing it so a proxy alignment didn’t work.

We both assumed that the latest version of MES may do it as my couple of years old one doesn’t support the new uconnect head units. I wasn’t keen on rebuying the software as I had a compatibility problem last time I updated it so we were unable to do so.

Hopefully he bought it and has successfully done it. I don’t know his username here but hopefully he will see this and comment.

Maybe I should have also asked. Does it have to be a abarth unit or will the standard 500 lounge uconnect 7 work?

Hi,
Swap the uconnect from 5" to 7" is easy...
I´ve done it last month on 500CC. Everything is in the right proxi configuration of new 7" unit. You have to change some bytes and it will works! (U7";DAB;NAV;LIVE;Carplay; etc).
You can also change the welcome logo to ABARTH, byte 130=05...
The last adjustment is create space for 7" display in low corners of frame...

Last edited:
thats really itersesting, i will be importing my 2017 500e from USA soon, so may have to change the head unit for a uk version if i cant upload new euro maps

thats really itersesting, i will be importing my 2017 500e from USA soon, so may have to change the head unit for a uk version if i cant upload new euro maps

I don't know if you will be able to do that
The us 500e is a completely different car that what we have in Europe where the old 500e was never sold

We shall have to wait and see! I know the Germans had the Mexican 500e with European maps so it should be able to be done somehow!

Hi,
I swapped the uconnect by the abarth 7 one but i have error
the message is in french "erreur code veuillez patienter" because i'm french :)
in english "error code please wait"
i have the good code but where i can put it in?
thx and happy new year stay safe

Back