Technical Very noisy 305mm Brembo brakes.

Currently reading:
Technical Very noisy 305mm Brembo brakes.

My Brembo brakes get very noisy under more then average braking. :confused:

What could be the cause of that, everything looks ok.
Any Brembo Abarth drivers have/had this issue. ??

Attachments

• 23780849-5.jpg
    23780849-5.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 229
What kind of noise is it? Is it more than just the extra noise from a disc with vent holes?

I drive with slotted discs in my Saab and the braking noise is quite noticeable.

What kind of noise is it? Is it more than just the extra noise from a disc with vent holes?

I drive with slotted discs in my Saab and the braking noise is quite noticeable.

Difficult to explain, first time with Brembo calipers brake system.
Let's say, you really hear them work under heavy braking,
Don't know if this is normal for these brakes under heavy use.

You'll probably need confirmation from other Abarth drivers with a similar setup.

My slotted EBC discs and Brembo pads under heavy braking would probably make a person only familiar with smooth discs be unsure if the sound is normal. I would describe it as a "woooooooo" kind of sound :p

Even then, there is also a difference in sound from vented to slotted discs.

Mmmm, yes, slotted and vented brakes do tend to make in my experience a grinding sound, I was initially thinking that the brakes were squealing due to vibration. I have a Coupe with Brembo callipers with different slotted and vented discs. I get the occasional squeal, but only on very hard braking do I get that grinding noise which I believe is pretty much normal. This is the sound of pad on disc doing it’s job.

Back