General Abarth 595e EV.

Currently reading:
General Abarth 595e EV.

Fiat President Olivier François has already confirmed a go-faster version is planned.

abarth-595-elettrica-il-rendering.jpg

abarth-595-elettrica-il-rendering.jpg

https://www.motor1.com/photo/5437945/abarth-595-electric-rendering/

What a shame Abarth are going electric, they have given us some great cars over the years & it's all going to be ruined with this (n), no nice exhaust note & no fantastic 1.4 T-Jet. As you can probably gather I am anti electric as they are just ridiculously expensive to buy, restrictive as to how far you can go before spending hours upon hours charging the thing & putting a strain on the countrys electricity infustructure for no reason & also when the batterys pack up the price of them will more or less write the car off. The normal 595/695 Abarths are expensive enough, although they are very nice. This will probably be an even more stupid amount of money for some hyped up domestic appliance with probably next to nothing in range & none of the normal character of an Abarth. I think I will be sticking with internal combustion.

If the production ones are anywhere near as good looking as that (are Brembos on the front really likely?) that'll be pretty tempting for an EV, and 0-60 times should be pretty spectacular too assuming acceleration isn't sacrificed too much in exchange for range.

Back