General Who sold it new?

Currently reading:
General Who sold it new?

Anyone know how I can find out who sold my 2016 Abarth new?

It was a stolen/recovered car which had no plates and there’s no sticker. It only has Mangoletsi for the mot and service last year but they didn’t sell it. Sent off for the log book in March but still waiting.

Any ideas?

Hpi check would give you the original registration this would give you the office that registered the car for example

AA06ABC would be Peterborough
AP65EFG would be Norwich
AV14HJK would be Ipswich
All anglia region hence all being A...

Anything L is London but there are again several offices
My punto is LS which is Stanmore.

If you knew the region then there may only be one or two dealers in that area you could then contact.

Hpi check would give you the original registration this would give you the office that registered the car for example

AA06ABC would be Peterborough
AP65EFG would be Norwich
AV14HJK would be Ipswich
All anglia region hence all being A...

Anything L is London but there are again several offices
My punto is LS which is Stanmore.

If you knew the region then there may only be one or two dealers in that area you could then contact.

I bought it at Copart in Chester and it was mot’d and serviced by Mangoletsi in Knutsford so I assume around there. Going by the DVLA website it’s only had one issue of a V5 so only one owner. So I sort of already know where it’s come from. Called the DVLA today, it’s in their system and they are “working on it”, so hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

If it's only had one previous owner from new, when you get the V5, the last owners name and address should be on it. Possible to contact them this way. (I did this with the Multipla I bought from a dealer, who said he took it in P/X, and was selling it cheap as a P/X, and so wasn't too interested in the history of it.)
Contacted the previous owner, (it only had 2) and she was very helpful, passing on loads of info, as she got it from a Fiat dealer, who had it as a demo model. She gave me their address, and they also were very helpful.
Worth waiting for the V5, then seeing if that helps.

If it's only had one previous owner from new, when you get the V5, the last owners name and address should be on it. Possible to contact them this way. (I did this with the Multipla I bought from a dealer, who said he took it in P/X, and was selling it cheap as a P/X, and so wasn't too interested in the history of it.)
Contacted the previous owner, (it only had 2) and she was very helpful, passing on loads of info, as she got it from a Fiat dealer, who had it as a demo model. She gave me their address, and they also were very helpful.
Worth waiting for the V5, then seeing if that helps.
Last keepers name was removed from v5c sometime ago to comply with gdpr

typecastboy If reg begins with M, try Arnold Clark Salford or Bolton Motorparks. If ring Abarth and it was Richard Cort, they're no more.

Anyone know how I can find out who sold my 2016 Abarth new?

It was a stolen/recovered car which had no plates and there’s no sticker. It only has Mangoletsi for the mot and service last year but they didn’t sell it. Sent off for the log book in March but still waiting.

Any ideas?

If you pm me the reg, I’ll find out at work tomorrow by putting it into the Fiat system.

If you could get hold of the first two letters of the number plate, that's often a giveaway because as Andy said in some areas there's only one or two Fiat dealers covering the entire number plate area.

For example:

A's (Anglia) are often Desira
D (Deeside & Shrewsbury) could be TJ Vickers, Swansway or BS Marson's
H (Hampshire & Dorset) would be Snows or Westover
P (Preston & Peaks) would be Preston Motor Park or perhaps Chorley Group (unsure if Chorley were Abarth)
S (Scotland) is likely to be Arnold Clark or Parks Motor Group

Some of the dealerships like Swansway, Westover and Chorley Group are no longer Fiat, but in 2016 they would've been.

M (Manchester) is a bit more of a minefield as there's a few Stoneacre branches covering that area, plus there used to be Richard Cort (now gone) who shifted a lot of cars, as well as Mangoletsi who you've ruled out and Bolton Motor Park. I think Warrington Motor Park might've used the M prefix too, but unsure if they were definitely Abarth or just Fiat.

Fiat customer services are shut!! I normally phone them, but there is a recorded message saying they are closed.

It's a salvage car which came without service history and I'm trying to track it down. Getting the location of who sold it new often gains at least the first or second service.

There's no spurious reasons!!

First two are MH

MH is Manchester and Merseyside.
I think they both share the same area code/DVLA local office in Trafford.

Being a Manc I'm desperately trying to not write what I'm thinking!
What with it being stolen recovered and all.:D

As it's not from Mangoletsi, the only other options would be:
Arsehole Clarke Salford.
Bolton Motor Park
Stoneacre Liverpool
And I guess Richard Cort in Bury, they went t*ts up in Jan 2018.

My bets on Salford. Some East Cheshire set has owned it and after a while couldn't be bothered to take it back into town to get it serviced, so took it to Knutsford.

Last edited:
Back