General Abarth 595 (2020-2021)

Currently reading:
General Abarth 595 (2020-2021)

PhotoCollage_1594966568235.jpg

Questa foto è stata scattata ieri a Napoli. Si vedono una nuova Fiat 500E e una Abarth 595 durante dei test su strada.
Per la 595 si può ipotizzare che ci sarà l'introduzione del 1.3 FireFly Turbo 150cv e l'introduzione di nuovi ADAS per la sicurezza.
Ma sono solo ipotesi.
Non ci sono informazioni per questo modello.

Advanced Driver Assistant System (ADAS)

This photo was taken yesterday in Naples.
You see a new Fiat 500E and an Abarth 595 during road tests.
For the 595 it can be assumed that there will be the introduction of the 1.3ltr FireFly Turbo 150cv and the introduction of new ADAS for safety.
But they are only hypotheses.
There is no information for this model.

Source : Passione Auto Italiane.

I´m glad, that I ordered my 595 still with the good, old 1,4l....will arrive in September...without stopstart and any other MHD bull****, that migh work for the first years and later becomes expensive....

I suspect any new Abarth engine will be based on the 4 cylinder 1.3.
They had to extend the front panel to fit the 1.4 in so a bigger 1.5 might be a squeeze too far, particularly with any MHEV gubbins.

It's not beyond reason they could up the 1.3 to similar outputs as the current engine.
Bigger turbo, intercooler and injectors, sort the intake, rework the mapping and perhaps fiddle with the MHEV.

I guess the bog 595 with get the standard 150 and they haven't got to stretch that far to get say another 20 to 30 or so more for the higher output models.

Don't forget the current cars only make these sort of figures on super unleaded in sport mode, so a base of 150 isn't a bad starting point.

I did drive the atmospheric 1,0l 3 cyl MHD engine in the 500 before I ordered my Abarth. Honestly said in comparision to the 1,2l I had before, the 1,2l was a rocket and it was a covertible, the hybrid I did test, a normal 500 that is not so heavy, too.
The 1.0 hybrid was O.K. as long you did drive in the city and the 10Ah lithium battery under the driver´s seat was in a charged condition. But outside the city you can forget it.
And in addition there was a constant, slight jerking when you did drive in very low load condition, e.g. 50km/h in 5th gear (according to the shift indication!) on a flat road. I think this is due to very high exhaustgas recirculation rates and so the combustion is not so good.
There are so many things that can brake when old, like the lithium battery, egr valve, egr-flap, three temperature sensors and and a pressure sensor (see: https://www.mad4wheels.com/fiat/500-hybrid-launch-edition-2020 ), so that I think the advantage in fuel consumption will get eaten up. And I assume the turbo charged versions won´t be less sophisticated...

Last edited:
That still doesn't explain the 1.5l you mentioned Which there no official information about other then the endless rumor mill 90% of which is fake

Apparently, the 1.5ltr version (375cc per cylinder instead of 333cc) is based on the 4 cilinder Firefly engine and planned for Alfa Romeo and JEEP and could get around 200+ hp.

This engine could also be used bij FIAT voor 500X, 500L, Tipo, and other future models and maybe for the 595 Competition.

I can see why they'd need an engine between the 1.3 FireFly (in the 500x/Renegade) and the 2.0 MultiAir in the Giulia/Stelvio/Wrangler, however as far as the Abarth 595 goes, the 1.3 FireFly is already available in a higher powered 180bhp format in the Renegade 'S' so they'd probably be able to make use of that engine for what the Abarth would need.

The only consideration is that the 1.3 is only linked to an auto box at present, which I can't see having universal appeal in the 595,so they'd need to consider that.

I imagine the 1.4 T-Jet will go soon though, as the Alfa Giulietta won't be on sale much longer and the Tipo which has the T-Jet engine is due a facelift in a few months, with rumours that it'll get at least the 1.0 FireFly 120 engine, negating the need for the T-Jet which has the same 120bhp in the Tipo.

I can see why they'd need an engine between the 1.3 FireFly (in the 500x/Renegade) and the 2.0 MultiAir in the Giulia/Stelvio/Wrangler, however as far as the Abarth 595 goes, the 1.3 FireFly is already available in a higher powered 180bhp format in the Renegade 'S' so they'd probably be able to make use of that engine for what the Abarth would need.

The only consideration is that the 1.3 is only linked to an auto box at present, which I can't see having universal appeal in the 595,so they'd need to consider that.

I imagine the 1.4 T-Jet will go soon though, as the Alfa Giulietta won't be on sale much longer and the Tipo which has the T-Jet engine is due a facelift in a few months, with rumours that it'll get at least the 1.0 FireFly 120 engine, negating the need for the T-Jet which has the same 120bhp in the Tipo.

Fiat are stopping production of all the fire engines so the tjet along with the 1.4 16,will all soo be dead

All the diesels will soo be killed off as well by the end of this year I think

Back