General Would you buy a 2016 Turismo with 62K (km) 38+K miles on the clock.

Currently reading:
General Would you buy a 2016 Turismo with 62K (km) 38+K miles on the clock.

I'd buy one with that mileage on it if it had a decent service history.

If you're worried about the engine, the 180 is the same as the 165, it's extra power comes from the software.

You only get these figures running them on 98 ron fuel, in sport mode and some owners have been modding them to 240 and 250 hp with bigger intercoolers, bigger injectors and remaps with little trouble, I even think Abarth released a 190 version as a limited edition.

When I researched before I bought mine, there's not much reported problem wise.

I think the 165 Turismo is the sweet spot in the line up, so much so, it's the one I bought even though I had my pick.

The 145's and the 160's use the IHI turbo and though it's not as laggy as the Garret in the 165 and 180, they don't quite have the "whoosh" these get when it does spool up.

When you get it off the line right, you'll scare yourself and the odd M3 driver.

I found both the IHI 145 and the 160 a little bit buzzy, there's not a massive difference tooling around, but press on when it's boosted and the Garret versions make themselves known, their sweet spot is sweeter and feels solid up to the redline.

I found the Turismo handled slightly better, though ride comfort is a bit compromised.
It's pretty addictive hammering around bends and long sweeping roundabouts when the little thing is motoring yet feels nailed to the road.

A couple of worthy notes.
They still have a Fiat 500 petrol tank so you won't get far, I became quite familiar with all the petrol station attendants.

They get stolen, a lot. The regular coded key system is easily overcome with OBD hacking.

Say goodbye to comfort and practicality, what Abarth give you in performance and handling, he taketh away any comfort and pretty much all practicality. Any long trip soon turns soar after you've carved up a few bends and roundabouts, settling down on a leggy trip is pretty painful.

1.4 T-Jet handles about 250 hp with stock interns and now italians have made 470 hp from it with reinforged interns.

190 hp versions are:

• 695 Biposto
  • 695 Assetto Corse

My Turismo haves 67k km on the clock and going strong. I have plans to update to Garrett and use E85. Target to make 200 hp. :D

Last edited:
I'd buy one with that mileage on it if it had a decent service history.

If you're worried about the engine, the 180 is the same as the 165, it's extra power comes from the software.

You only get these figures running them on 98 ron fuel, in sport mode and some owners have been modding them to 240 and 250 hp with bigger intercoolers, bigger injectors and remaps with little trouble, I even think Abarth released a 190 version as a limited edition.

When I researched before I bought mine, there's not much reported problem wise.

I think the 165 Turismo is the sweet spot in the line up, so much so, it's the one I bought even though I had my pick.

The 145's and the 160's use the IHI turbo and though it's not as laggy as the Garret in the 165 and 180, they don't quite have the "whoosh" these get when it does spool up.

When you get it off the line right, you'll scare yourself and the odd M3 driver.

I found both the IHI 145 and the 160 a little bit buzzy, there's not a massive difference tooling around, but press on when it's boosted and the Garret versions make themselves known, their sweet spot is sweeter and feels solid up to the redline.

I found the Turismo handled slightly better, though ride comfort is a bit compromised.
It's pretty addictive hammering around bends and long sweeping roundabouts when the little thing is motoring yet feels nailed to the road.

A couple of worthy notes.
They still have a Fiat 500 petrol tank so you won't get far, I became quite familiar with all the petrol station attendants.

They get stolen, a lot. The regular coded key system is easily overcome with OBD hacking.

Say goodbye to comfort and practicality, what Abarth give you in performance and handling, he taketh away any comfort and pretty much all practicality. Any long trip soon turns soar after you've carved up a few bends and roundabouts, settling down on a leggy trip is pretty painful.

The full service history is all done at a Ferrari dealership.

Go for it!

The drivetrain is very strong, they do rattle a bit sometimes, although the S4 is the best built, but the Series 3 we had was the best of the 4 Abarths we had.

Go for it!

The drivetrain is very strong, they do rattle a bit sometimes, although the S4 is the best built, but the Series 3 we had was the best of the 4 Abarths we had.

The only downside is, that it has not the new Turismo wheels on it.

See Deef1's Picture No3.

Attachments

• Abarth 595 Turismo.jpg
    Abarth 595 Turismo.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 595 Turismo Interior..jpeg
    595 Turismo Interior..jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 46
  • B450BF69-7956-4B03-83CA-2AD13DD54C03.jpeg
    B450BF69-7956-4B03-83CA-2AD13DD54C03.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 34
The only downside is, that it has not the new Turismo wheels on it.

See Deef1's Picture No3.

Pic 3 wheels are what comes on the Turismo as standard. (Grand Turismo wheels)

The wheels in Pic 1 are what you can select as a cost option. (10 Spoke Diamond Cut wheels)

The car in pic one also appears to have the coloured brake caliper, natural leather and Beats options on it.

I didn't bother with the Beats so can't comment but I had a Dual Record Monza Exhaust fitted to mine, more than made up for it.
Some don't like the look of four small tailpipes, but the sound they make is pretty awesome.

For me, the last owner missed the black Abarth side stripes off the options list.

Last edited:
This was mine the day I picked it up, not got the Monza on it yet though.

The options I went for were the 10 spoke diamond cut wheels and the black side stripes with black mirrors.

I sourced the Monza later from a dealer that had one on the cheap, though I was tempted with a Magneti Marelli dual system with valve which just had the two tailpipes like the standard pipe.
https://www.ms-r.co.uk/store/p260/Magneti_Marelli_Homologated_Exhaust_For_Abarth_500.html#/

There's a chap that works up the road from me, he has decatted his and fitted a Bombardone.

Every weekday afternoon around 5.15pm he drives past and rattles my house!

A bit OTT for me, Ok in small doses if you could turn it off, but it does sound dirty.

Just a word of warning, some of the Turismo trim was dealer fit, kick plates, BMC filter, alloy petrol and oil filler caps etc and some naughty dealers didn't fit them and sold them off later.

I'm little bit over 190 cm and I like it that seating position is higher. I get my legs straighter.
I have Sabelt seats in my Turismo and they are at even higher than normal seat and you can't adjust the height in them without hacking the mounting system.

I'm little bit over 190 cm and I like it that seating position is higher. I get my legs straighter.
I have Sabelt seats in my Turismo and they are at even higher than normal seat and you can't adjust the height in them without hacking the mounting system.

There is a Sabelt seat lowering kit available, it's lowering the seat by 25-30mm. ;)
I'm 188 cm.

Seen a 2016 595 Turismo with a slightly lower mileage that's been remapped to 200 bhp by Tune4Performance, who are reckoned to be good at that kinda thing! Very tempting, especially in the light of Goudrons' comment about the Turismo being the sweet spot in the range, although I bet the clutch has seen better days! Still minded to wait for a Competizione with the performance pack, to get the Konis all round and the LSD. :devil:

Last edited:
Seen a 2016 595 Turismo with a slightly lower mileage that's been remapped to 200 bhp by Tune4Performance, who are reckoned to be good at that kinda thing!

I may have seen this car myself and seriously considered it a few months back. Is it a grey one, at a little garage in the A143 ?

Back