Technical Another problem.. warning lights

Currently reading:
Technical Another problem.. warning lights

Stephen A500

Ok, so I’ve just been the local shop.. I sat outside the shop idling for about 10 mins.. on my way home I gave second gear a going over (just span the wheels) I did it again and it just span the wheels..

Ok so now the car is beeping at me.

ESP
Fuel cutoff unavailable
Hill holder unavailable

All I’ve done is put new discs and pad on it.. I’m starting to hate this car..

Im now on the drive, I turn the engine off and start it back up showing no faults.

What have I done to it?

The car is pissed that you wasted 10 mins of fuel :bang:

A dying battery can cause faults like you've seen. A decent garage will have a load tester to check it - don't just rely on voltage alone.

Battery weakness is unlikely after the engine running for so long. Might be the wheels spinning irritated the ESP and that kind of error goes away after re-start.

Second the concern on fuel wasting, though ;-)

Last edited:
Yay.. I only just made the eurocarparts 50% off batteries with minutes to spare
£41 ? no idea why I’m happy, I’ve spent £300 on the car within 5 days.

Lithium grease and brake fluid too £6 with 35% off

Thanks guys, I hope this solves my problem

I think that the powers that be are trying to make it an offence ( on some level) to leave engine running when obviously un-necessary and causing a nuisance ie outside schools and hospitals and in (severe) traffic jams in residential areas.

Just looking for source.....

Found one.... https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/driving-law/fines-for-idling

And yes your 'wheel spinning' caused the very clever and sensitive electronics in the car to let you know it's in there and working in the background all the time ( lookup Passive & Active safety devices in vehicles!) because one of your wheels lost traction ( read Wheel Spining) it ( the car) thinks it has hit a unsavoury section of road ie snow/ice/mud and is duly letting you know!

Paul m.

Last edited:
But it’s letting me know it’s not working ?

And hill holder has actually stopped working.

Back