Technical Instument Cluster (2012 to 2017)

Currently reading:
Technical Instument Cluster (2012 to 2017)

Easty500

Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light on weather a digital cluster from a 2017 abarth will go in my 2012 abarth and work correctly.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This has come up a few times; several folks here have successfully upgraded their clusters, though you may need to use appropriate software to align the new unit.
@typecastboy will likely be along soon with more detailed information.

Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light on weather a digital cluster from a 2017 abarth will go in my 2012 abarth and work correctly.

typecastboy will give you the low down!! I managed mine with his help are you looking at a TFT? Be careful as post 16 they did a “facelift” and moved some of the controls from the tft to the radio you prob best looking for a 15 like mine

Hi Guys,

Plan was either to do the cluster and the stereo or the whole dash from a newer 500.

My 2012 has all the newer gen 4 bumpers, lights, seats etc so I was hoping that if I could change these last bits it will finish it off.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Plan was either to do the cluster and the stereo or the whole dash from a newer 500.

My 2012 has all the newer gen 4 bumpers, lights, seats etc so I was hoping that if I could change these last bits it will finish it off.

Thanks

If your doing the newer touch screen stereo then that should work with the 17 digital TFT BUT need typecastboy to confirm the newer clusters are so so much more attractive than the orange led ones!

Baglady is spot on. The tft ones from facelift cars will work but not properly. There are features that were moved from the display to the stereo display in the newer cars so those features won’t work.

Get one from a pre facelift car for it to work properly. My 2015 pre facelift Abarth has the TFT one which has an Abarth start up screen. Not sure whether this can be played with to change the start up from a non Abarth. You may have to make do with the Fiat splash screen unless you get one from an Abarth. Not the end of the world.

Baglady is spot on. The tft ones from facelift cars will work but not properly. There are features that were moved from the display to the stereo display in the newer cars so those features won’t work.

Get one from a pre facelift car for it to work properly. My 2015 pre facelift Abarth has the TFT one which has an Abarth start up screen. Not sure whether this can be played with to change the start up from a non Abarth. You may have to make do with the Fiat splash screen unless you get one from an Abarth. Not the end of the world.
I believe you can I think I read somebody doing in on the multiecuscan forum
It requires a creating custom proxi coding so has a high probability if bricking the unit if done incorrectly

Back