Technical Abarth Turismo 2012

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth Turismo 2012

Jerseygirl234

Can anyone help
I have an Abarth automatic and am having an intermittent problem with the gears when I start the car. On ignition I press either 1st or reverse and the car won’t move! I have turn the engine on and off four or five times before it engages. I have taken car to an Abarth dealership but it didn’t replicate the problem and a computer check said there was nothing wrong, but it’s still doing it. Hope someone can help me solve this problem .

I posted on this elsewhere. I have a similar problem with my 2012 Abarth 500c. Usually when you unlock the car and open the drivers door you hear a motor/pump spinning up for a couple of seconds. Sometimes this doesn’t happen and I get the exact problem you describe. For now I just get out of the car, lock the door, wait 30 secs and then unlock and try again. It usually works. I think it might be due to a door switch or bad wiring like in the boot lid. Not had time to really dig into it yet.

I posted on this elsewhere. I have a similar problem with my 2012 Abarth 500c. Usually when you unlock the car and open the drivers door you hear a motor/pump spinning up for a couple of seconds. Sometimes this doesn’t happen and I get the exact problem you describe. For now I just get out of the car, lock the door, wait 30 secs and then unlock and try again. It usually works. I think it might be due to a door switch or bad wiring like in the boot lid. Not had time to really dig into it yet.

That’s the gearbox priming. This should happen as soon as you unlock the doors.

It’s a very common problem for the pump to fail, the pump is a fiat parts bin part so the same on everything from a 2001 Punto to a Ferrari, but it’s relatively easy to replace

Back