Technical Door handle problems... But not the hinge this time!

Currently reading:
Technical Door handle problems... But not the hinge this time!

Blonde126

Last year I had the very common door handle hinge problem which was an easy fix I did myself, just replacing the hinge.

Now a new problem has developed where the highlighted rod in the photo below pops out far too easily, meaning that even when I put it back in place, it only takes a few times for the door shutting to vibrate /knock the rod out of the slot. This means I can't open the door from the outside, and my MOT is due October so need to sort this sooner rather than later. My poor attempt of tying string to keep the rod in place didn't work (surprise surprise), so anyone have any idea what I can do that will keep the rod in the slot, or if I need to replace the unit and if so what is it called? Thanks!

https://www.aecar.co.uk/ They do the clips that hold the rods in place.

Thank you, wasn't sure if there was something that was meant to hold the rod in place or not, as it seems to fit in the slot but not stay! Must have pinged off in the past. Also my photo didn't upload, will see if I can update post.

Last year I had the very common door handle hinge problem which was an easy fix I did myself, just replacing the hinge.

Now a new problem has developed where the highlighted rod in the photo below pops out far too easily, meaning that even when I put it back in place, it only takes a few times for the door shutting to vibrate /knock the rod out of the slot. This means I can't open the door from the outside, and my MOT is due October so need to sort this sooner rather than later. My poor attempt of tying string to keep the rod in place didn't work (surprise surprise), so anyone have any idea what I can do that will keep the rod in the slot, or if I need to replace the unit and if so what is it called? Thanks!

Here's the image:

LCRRd8I.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. That's a true picture ! I ordered two blue clips for the rod at the back, after measuring the rods ( near as dammit identical ) and changed the blue and white ones for two blue ones.

Back