Technical knocking drivers side rear

Currently reading:
Technical knocking drivers side rear

icedup51

Have a knocking from drivers side rear when taking tight left hand bends as slow speeds. Also seem to get similar noise over deep dumps. Have had the rear shockers changed so not that. Have looked underneath and cant see anything, like the exhaust that could be knocking. Cant feel any play on rear wheels, so at a bit of a loss. Any ideas please

Knocking can only be;

1) Damper rubber mounts (yours sound fairly new).

2) Exhaust knocking (check that there are no marks on the silencer where it passes closest to the damper).

3) Shagged trailing arm bushes. What's the tyre wear look like? If you have more wear on the inner (usually) or outer shoulders then it's worth having a closer look at the bushes.

4) You left a tool box in the boot.

5) The wheel hub nut is loose (pretty much a long shot).

Ralf S.

This is one of the reasons I’ve joined today, mine seems to only do it when warm or driven for half hour,. It’s a pain in the ass.. once it starts it’s constant knocking and squeaking,. Let it cools down and it’s gone

Thanks for the replies.

I have looked at all obvious, exhaust no sign of any contact, no movement on brake calipers and so on. Guess only other thought is the rear spring. It looks solid, no sign of any cracks but can the rubber damper in the spring cause a knocking noise. Could understand over bumps but slow left hand corners??

Its driving me nuts.

Back