General pending response back from lemon law layer

Currently reading:
General pending response back from lemon law layer

joe77

Hello everyone,

been posting here with all my issues regarding my 500 abarth.

tldr: At 50k had burnt valve and bad pcm, went for warranty work, they broke my coolant system, my AC, didn't ground the pcm correctly, and it took well over 70+ days of not having it to get everything fixed and it hasn't been the same since they touched it. Lots of rattling and rough ride. with less than 55k miles both rear wheel bearings needed to be replaced and the front struts needed to be replaced.

They replaced the rear wheel bearings and yet there is still rough vibrations throughout the car. it can be felt in the steering wheel and through your feet on the ground. through the seat as well.

I took it to a local garage and they acknowledged the vibrations but stated they did not know what was wrong and suggested taking back to the dealership.

I do not trust this dealership considering everything and the only other dealership is well out of the way.

I have just reached out to a lawyer regarding lemon law to see if I am even in the realm of threatening legal actions or if I just have to deal with a ****ty dealership that doesn't fix things correctly.

I hate this car so much and regret buying it. I wish I would have listen to everyone stating these were not reliable. but f me for thinking i'd take a chance on it.

Thank you!

Take it to a good tyre place and have the tracking and wheel balance checked, possibly replace front tyres if quite worn.

Agreed.

You have been very unlucky, I've had 4 Abarths with no problems & not heard of these problems before.

Hope you get it sorted so you can start to enjoy it

It's unfortunate that you have had these issues with your 500. I wish you the best of luck and hope you do find an amicable solution.

There are lots of things that can cause the car to vibrate.
Is it engine or wheel related? (does it only do it when moving or sitting there idling)

Wheels and tyres are favourite, perhaps swapping them front to back and see if the vibes move with them.

If it's vibrating badly driving when under power, get the driveshafts checked.

Worn CV joints can cause the shafts to flap around and cause a rotten vibration, like you're running on square wheels.
You usually feel it kick in as you build up a bit of speed then reduce as you back off the power.

Hello everyone,

been posting here with all my issues regarding my 500 abarth.

tldr: At 50k had burnt valve and bad pcm, went for warranty work, they broke my coolant system, my AC, didn't ground the pcm correctly, and it took well over 70+ days of not having it to get everything fixed and it hasn't been the same since they touched it. Lots of rattling and rough ride. with less than 55k miles both rear wheel bearings needed to be replaced and the front struts needed to be replaced.

They replaced the rear wheel bearings and yet there is still rough vibrations throughout the car. it can be felt in the steering wheel and through your feet on the ground. through the seat as well.

I took it to a local garage and they acknowledged the vibrations but stated they did not know what was wrong and suggested taking back to the dealership.

I do not trust this dealership considering everything and the only other dealership is well out of the way.

I have just reached out to a lawyer regarding lemon law to see if I am even in the realm of threatening legal actions or if I just have to deal with a ****ty dealership that doesn't fix things correctly.

I hate this car so much and regret buying it. I wish I would have listen to everyone stating these were not reliable. but f me for thinking i'd take a chance on it.

Thank you!

Doesn't really sound like the cars fault! You drove it hard and one of the valves were burnt. The dealer then messed the car up!

The front struts and top mounts, sure are also likely at 50K miles.... So are the rear shocks!

The car isn't a lemon, your dealing with a crap dealership!

Last edited:
Back