Technical Check Transmission Light

Currently reading:
Technical Check Transmission Light

Rozzo595

Hi There,

I own a Abarth 595 Turismo 2017 model - Sequential Robotised Automatic (bought a week ago)
After driving around yesterday the 'check transmission' warning light came on and then disappeared. This happened a few times; light on light off.
Today having driven about 30km, it did not come on at all.
Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? Local service centre does not know?! Thank you

p.s. Light came on when driving in a 'roundabout' heavy stretch of road.

My Panda dualogic was in limp mode with constant flashing automatic transmission light. It turned out to be a break switch which other garages didn’t pick up on the diagnostic

I have a 500x Auto and I had the same message from time to time. It came and disappeared until the next time

I know its a different drvetrain, but the messages are probably for similar reasons.

In the end, it locked in Park and a few restarts it cleared

Once it did it in the petrol station, that's it!

I rang the dealer, the car is only 3 months old, the diagnostic showed Park Position sensor fail, the sensor was changed, they had them in stock and it was fixed.

Your problem is likely to be a sensor problem, if its doing strange gear changes, then it's likely be the actuator.

If you can find someone to do a diagnostic check, then you should find out what it is

Back