General Brembo Discs & Pads (4Pot)

Currently reading:
General Brembo Discs & Pads (4Pot)

L1ARR

Hi All,

Am a newbie to the forum. We have a lovely little Abarth SS which needs tiny cosmetic work carried out.

I am looking to understand the best place to source front discs and pads for the Brembo 4 pot calipers? and the necessary part number.

Not 100% sure what my options are and if I need floating discs or if I can use 1 piece discs. Am also thinking about selling to upgrade into a 595 Comp :), understandably don't want to spend thousands unless I really have too.

Can anyone recommend any independent garages around South East London, who can service the SS.

Any suggestions or advice would be excellent.

I'm in SE London, there are a couple of well known indies that deal with Fiat, Alfa and Abarth.

Over the years I've used both, but not for a while as I've been in the dealer network for the warranty for the last 7 or so years.

http://www.gonnellabrothers.co.uk/
These are in Catford.

http://www.firela-motors.co.uk/
These are between Clapham and Stockwell.

Don't discount the main dealers, I've just had my first year service of my Turismo.
Fiat Marylebone wanted £320.
Ancaster in Catford did the same service for £189, they actually apologised for the cost, stating the Abarth oil is more expensive, which I thought was nice.
£189 was only £30 more than their normal 500 service and the courtesy car was free.

With regards to the brakes, what are on it already?
I seem to think the Brembos in the original SS kit were 1 piece, but they moved to the 2 piece some time after.
There's lots of youtube posts with people fitting the kits back then and they all appear to be 1 piece discs, it's only later that the newer cars get the 2 piece kits.

The Brembo website is quite good for getting the part numbers. I think you have to register now but then you just put your reg number in and it will give you all the options.
Although were the Essesse kits fitted by the dealer? Not sure, anyway the Brembo website is a good place to start.

Spike

Thanks for the responses, am going to speak with my local dealer firstly to see how much they will charge to complete this work.

Am going to have a chat with TMC to see what they have to say.

Main dealer brembo prices are likely to stretch to £1500 - £2000 just for the parts, then you’ll need to pay for fitting, this is probably a very conservative guess, as demon tweeks will take over £2300 off you for an after market brake set with multipot callipers, I dread to think what mark up fiat parts department will add.

Back