General Redline

Currently reading:
General Redline

3rdFiat

Hello,

I had a 2013 Abarth (I’m in the US, so it is 160hp here) that redlined at 6500rpm.
As I was looking at the new models, which have a digital gauge cluster, it appears as though it redlines at 6000rpm.

Is this the case?

Hello,

I had a 2013 Abarth (I’m in the US, so it is 160hp here) that redlined at 6500rpm.

As I was looking at the new models, which have a digital gauge cluster, it appears as though it redlines at 6000rpm.

Is this the case?

In America all of the cars with the new cluster redline at 6,000 even the naturally aspirated which had a 6,750 redline. It’s a safety measure.

The US version has the Multi-Air engine, so will be different to the European versions

Even on the EU 595 Compitizionè and 595 essessse, if you put them into sport mode, the redline goes from 6,000 to 7,000 rpm. The US (N/A and Turbo) MultiAir and the 1.4 8v Evo Flex (Brazil Only) has a redline of 6,750 rpm. But on the newer cars with the TFT, (same engines) have a redline if 6,000 rpm with the rev limiter still at 6,750 rpm. Strange...

Last edited:
My T-Jet Turismo haves TFT where redline starts at 6000 rpm. It goes up to 6500 rpm or maybe in to that 6750 rpm. Not sure. Have not check with tester.
Although it feels that it would want to go more. Acceleration stops like in to wall.
I have been thinking to rise the rev limiter up to 7k when going to put some "pageup" to ecu. :p

My T-Jet Turismo haves TFT where redline starts at 6000 rpm. It goes up to 6500 rpm or maybe in to that 6750 rpm. Not sure. Have not check with tester.
Although it feels that it would want to go more. Acceleration stops like in to wall.
I have been thinking to rise the rev limiter up to 7k when going to put some "pageup" to ecu. :p

My moms 500 feels like it has an extra 500-1000 rpms left in it.

Back