Register Login
endrop - for all your online needs

Old 24-04-2018   #1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
ESP + Hill Holder Unavailable & Wipers sitting across windscreen

Good afternoon All,

I have recently bought an Abarth 500 Esseesse (it's a cracking little car!) and it's just started to have a few issues that I would like to resolve!

Firstly and most importantly - A warning message has started to pop up every so often saying that the Hill Holder and ESP are unavailable as well as a little yellow warning light, this started after I gave a lift to a few friends, so I am not sure if the 'extra' weight (better not say that in front of them) caused this or something else. Sometimes the warning doesn't pop up, sometimes mid way through a journey and sometimes within 5 mins of starting a journey.

When it's on I can't tell any difference in the way the car drives, but sitting in traffic in Oxford and on an A-road probably isn't going to give much away.

I have done some searching on google and on here, there seems to be a few threads on it but none with any answers or guides how to resolve. If anyone can point me in the right direction or can explain how to resolve it that would be super appreciated!

Secondly - slightly odd dilemma here, the front wipers seem to work perfectly fine but then instead of settling/sitting at the bottom of the windscreen at the end of the wiping cycle, they then rise again and sit diagonally across the screen! When I bought the car they sat at the bottom of the windscreen as they should, but after a day they then set themselves straight up and a few days later decided 45 degrees is optimum and since stopped here for a week or so.

Does anyone know why this has happened? Have I unknowingly pressed something that's set them in the position?

I was thinking to try push them back to correct position, disconnect the battery for a little while to see if it would reset them. Does anyone know how to reset them?

Once again I have done some searching but can't find anything on this, so any help or guidance would be really appreciated!

Sorry for the mountain of text, but hopeful it explains the issues reasonably well. If there's anything I need to be more specific on let me know.

Many thanks

Abarth500Esseesse

Abarth500Esseesse is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 24-04-2018   #2
United Kingdom 
Re: ESP + Hill Holder Unavailable & Wipers sitting across windscreen

Not sure about the wipers, but check the brake pedal switch is operating/ adjusted correctly for the hill start problem.
Old 25-04-2018   #3
It's always more involved
John202020 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: ESP + Hill Holder Unavailable & Wipers sitting across windscreen

Don't push the wipers! You'll bust them!

If they work correctly either on intermittent or continuous but park in the wrong position, I'm tempted to say wiper motor(contacts-internally these are what parks the motor in the correct position)

Its also possible a poor earth is causing a intermittent issue?

Last edited by John202020; 25-04-2018 at 18:10. Reason: more info
John202020 is offline Reply With Quote Quote