General UConnect & Blue and Me

Currently reading:
General UConnect & Blue and Me

Earlofdavetona

Hi all.

I have an Abarth 500 Esseesse 2009 model with Blue & Me installed. The problem is the damn thing has never been able to connect to my iPhone for music. What gets me is my iPhone 6S used to work perfectly in my 2007 Grande Punto with the adaptor so when I got the later 2009 500 I didn't expect any problems with it. My daughters Samsung Galaxy gets the same 'no media found' notification too so it has to be the car not the phone. Fiat at Slough couldn't fix it either or they couldn't be bothered!! It used to be ok for calls with the iPhone but now mid conversation about 2 minutes in, the whole thing goes ballistic with a high pitched buzzing noise that means I have to cut the call by ending it on the phone and then turn the volume down on the radio to zero because all the controls on the steering wheel freeze.:bang: Then I have to disconnect the phone from the car by turning off the Bluetooth and then to stop the noise I have to disconnect the battery from the car by disconnecting the earth lead. Even with the ignition off the noise stays there, even for hours after turning off the ignition.

Anyway, I was going to buy a second hand blue and me module off of eBay but to be honest I hate the damn thing so thought I would just replace the whole head unit with a later UConnect audio system that are also available on eBay. I experienced using one in a courtesy car when mine went in for a service and its a ten times better system.
Is it just a case of pulling out the old unit and plugging in the new one with the new ventilation grill set up? I have looked online and searched the threads in the relevant sections of the forum but no one seems to have attempted the change over.

Before I go spending the money on a head unit and asking one of the moderators for a code for it I thought I would ask the populous their opinion. Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks in anticipation of your help folks.

Last edited:
Why would the moderators send you a code?

As with all of these things there is always a way, but it’s most likely a lot cheaper just to buy a newer car with the option you want.

You’re talking about coding body control modules and modifying harnesses. This is well beyond the capabilities of Multiecuscan and the like.

I coded a few things on my BMW, but there are dedicated programmes to do this and instructions as well.

Thanks for the replies folks, I think you are right, no one knows and looking into it further there is the need to change the entire dashboard to accommodate the UConnect unit, however there is a really smart double din option available from Japan but its very expensive. Once I figure out how to upload the pictures on here I will do so.
I am looking at a Sony AVX - AX200 unit which does everything!!

Tried everything with regard to resetting the Blue and Me, plugging in the phone with no adapter and restarting, tried it with the adapter and restarting, updating the software etc etc. Its just a pile of crap that works very intermittently and when it does its rubbish!

I'll get back with feedback when I've sorted it.

Dave

I disconnected the battery, left it for about an hour and depressed the brake pedal.
I'll give it another try at the weekend but I'm not holding out much hope!!

Who said to press the brake down? There’s some strange advice given out
On this forum! If that didn’t work then you might be screwed. Has anyone advised if your iPhone is supported by B&M?

No sure why the brake pedal needs to be depressed to dissipate any remaining electrical charge but I did it anyway!
I looked at it this way, if my Iphone worked in a 2007 Grande Punto with no issues I thought that it should work in a 2009 Abarth with the same system but more up to date.

Looks like I assumed wrongly.
:mad:

No sure why the brake pedal needs to be depressed to dissipate any remaining electrical charge but I did it anyway!
I looked at it this way, if my Iphone worked in a 2007 Grande Punto with no issues I thought that it should work in a 2009 Abarth with the same system but more up to date.

Looks like I assumed wrongly.
:mad:

Have you updated the phone software recently? There have been a spate of posts recently from folks who've had problems with iPhone connectivity after a recent Apple software update.

Last edited:
No, my phone has been nagging me to do the update but I just ignored it. I’m convinced it’s the car not the phone because the Blue & Me has never worked for music for the 2or 3 years we’ve had it. Neither Android or IOS seem to work for music but calling works until that god damn noise starts which makes me feel like hammer time! I’ve gone through an upgrade to an iPhone 6s from a 5s and both worked in the Punto, my wife’s 6SE doesn’t work in the car and my Daughters Galaxy doesn’t work either. Unfortunately the Punto has gone so I have no other Blue & Me systems to try them on. Thames Fiat couldn’t get it to work either but didn’t diagnose anything, from memory I’m sure they said it was fine and the fault with the phone. The same jokers who said the clutch was ok a week before it failed!!

I have a fiat punto evo 2010. If your having problems with your iPhone paired to Bluetooth in an old car it could be to do with handoff feature on the iPhone . I have been getting white noise 2 mins into a call and stero crashes since ios11?. Handoff is a pretty pointless feature which allows you to finish off a document that you have been working on on a Mac or iPad. I disabled the “feature” and was able to have a 10 min conversation with my dad which his a first. can’t believe it has taken me nearly two years and trying firmware updates to stereo to work this out.

Back