Technical Blue&Me Module Location

Currently reading:
Technical Blue&Me Module Location

benkay

Hi all.

I’ve just done a double-DIN modification to our Abarth 500C (12 plate but think might be 2011 model-year car...how can I tell?)

The Connects2 install kit came with a cable to connect into the Blue&Me module to allow the original USB socket to be used.

For the life of me I can’t find the module location..the wires from the USB socket seem to head from the socket left under the carpet towards the LHS (passenger side in UK) door area.

Can anyone tell me where it is?

Thanks. Ben

Blue&Me Module Location

Yes your right, I Seem to recall it’s behind the near side trim panel by the rear seats, not 100% though so double check ! I know the amp for the interscope audio is on the other side

Last edited:
Thanks. Any idea what the Connects2 Blue & Me extension cable is actually for then? It looks to be an extender for the big fancy blue connector, with a USB pigtail.

I’m almost tempted to forget the original usb socket, but the.n does anyone know how blue&me could be de-activated/disconnected as all Bluetooth is now through the new head unit.

This is an image of it :

commande-au-volant-pioneer-pioneer-ctbluemelea-cable-adaptation-pour-kit-mains-libres-blue-and-me-111040-1280x1017.jpg

Last edited:
I’m almost tempted to forget the original usb socket, but the.n does anyone know how blue&me could be de-activated/disconnected as all Bluetooth is now through the new head unit.

If you've removed the OE HU, you've already disconnected B&M.

The module may be drawing some standby power (and adding a little weight), other than that it's probably not worth perusing unless you do it while the car is apart for some other job (like rear speakers).

I'm not sure it is though.

If I hold down the "Call" button on the steering wheel, the dash display (inside speedo) still tries to show "last calls" etc. for about 2-3 seconds before cancelling itself out.

If I disconnect the Blue & Me module entirely, would that stop happening?

Did you already found a solution benkay?

I also replaced my radio unit and blue&me is giving the same response when pressing the call button, etc.

To avoid confusion in the instrument panel (timeouts, etc.) I suggest that a proxy alignment would be a good idea, to record the removal of the Blue&Me unit. MultiECUScan software can do this.

Does the Connects2 interface connect to the CAN bus to enable the steering wheel controls? If so, perhaps it masquerades as the Blue&Me unit - in which case, proxy alignment would disable it (not a good idea then).

-Alex

Sorry for digging up an old thread but @benkay did you manage to find out where the Connects2 extension cable goes please I have just fitted the same kit to a 2015 Abath and can't for the life of me see where to connect it and using the original port would just be tidier . Thanks

Back