Technical Fiat 500 number plate light and front nearside DRL not working.

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 number plate light and front nearside DRL not working.

millerman

Good evening,

Can anybody out there please offer some advice. My wife's fiat 500 (2012) is doing my nut in. Number plate lights are not coming on even though i have replaced the bulbs with new ones today, however the boot opens without any problems. Also the front nearside DRL light will not come on even though i also replaced both bulbs yesterday and it appears that both fog lights work and the main beam so am i right in saying the bulb is fine?. I have read numerous posts explaining that it could be wiring, fuses (which fuse)? or simply disconnect the battery and see what happens... I dread the thought of going to fiat for an answer.

Boot loom wiring likely for the rear problem
Maybe the front too
Check that loom!

Good evening,

Can anybody out there please offer some advice. My wife's fiat 500 (2012) is doing my nut in. Number plate lights are not coming on even though i have replaced the bulbs with new ones today, however the boot opens without any problems. Also the front nearside DRL light will not come on even though i also replaced both bulbs yesterday and it appears that both fog lights work and the main beam so am i right in saying the bulb is fine?. I have read numerous posts explaining that it could be wiring, fuses (which fuse)? or simply disconnect the battery and see what happens... I dread the thought of going to fiat for an answer.

Your post is a little unclear. When you say you've replaced 'both' bulbs are you referring to both sides of the car or both bulbs within just the nearside assembly? Have you replaced the twin filament 21/5W T20 wedge bulb or the Halogen 55W H1 (or both)?

Forgive me if you're already aware of this; The H1 55W is your main (high) beam, the 21W filament in the T20 is the DRL and the 5W is the parking light (sidelight).

Your post is a little unclear. When you say you've replaced 'both' bulbs are you referring to both sides of the car or both bulbs within just the nearside assembly? Have you replaced the twin filament 21/5W T20 wedge bulb or the Halogen 55W H1 (or both)?

Forgive me if you're already aware of this; The H1 55W is your main (high) beam, the 21W filament in the T20 is the DRL and the 5W is the parking light (sidelight).

I will add the drl is a twin filament bulb type 580

This is the DRL one, not to be confused with the identical looking single filament version;
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/-/-/-/-/?481770919&0&cc5_401
Do the side lights work correctly at the front and are they both the same brightness? If the bulb is the correct one and proved to be working properly then I would investigate the rather thin wires going to the holder, check there's a good earth and a respective feed?

Last edited:
Back