Technical Help: Selespeed Actuator Failure

Currently reading:
Technical Help: Selespeed Actuator Failure

ausabarth

I am based in Sydney Australia and own a 2013 Abarth 500 which has done 33000kms

I am being told my selespeed actuator has failed and needs replacing. Total repair cost = $12000!!!!. Part cost alone is $8000 if bought locally.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to buy and possibly import myself? I believe they are much more reasonably priced in Europe.

I have been told part no is 55280639 but every time I search this item, it comes up blank

I am based in Sydney Australia and own a 2013 Abarth 500 which has done 33000kms

I am being told my selespeed actuator has failed and needs replacing. Total repair cost = $12000!!!!. Part cost alone is $8000 if bought locally.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to buy and possibly import myself? I believe they are much more reasonably priced in Europe.

I have been told part no is 55280639 but every time I search this item, it comes up blank

Not sure if this helps, this is for the 1.2
https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=5804&sku=67250
And;
https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=6510&sku=256810

I just checked with Shop4Parts for you. They don't have the item in stock, but they can order the whole gearbox control module, which includes the Actuator, Pump, Pressure vessel etc.

Replacing the whole module rather than just the Actuator is the safest way to proceed as it means that there will be no further problems.

They quoted £1250 and from memory shipment to you will be around £130.
Something in the region of 2500aus dollars to your door. They tell me the order from Abarth will take 1 week and the shipment to you is another week.
I always order parts from them and i am based in Spain, their service is excellent.
I hope that helps

Replacing the whole unit is morelikely un-necessary ! Have the car checked by a dualogic PRO; many things can get wrong in that robot...
Would you mind to describbe the symptoms so we could get a look at ??
BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Replacing the whole unit is morelikely un-necessary ! Have the car checked by a dualogic PRO; many things can get wrong in that robot...

The price difference of the actuator compared to the whole control module from Shop4Parts is minimal compared to the price of the individual parts.. Its a false economy. Replace the whole unit and forget about it...
12000 aus dollars is a stupid amount of money for this part

Last edited:
Back