Styling Abarth 595 Painting Yellow Brake Callipers

Currently reading:
Styling Abarth 595 Painting Yellow Brake Callipers

deef1

Hi all, finally got around to painting my wife's Abarth 595 brake callipers. Used Foliatec's speed yellow paint kit, I was quite impressed tbh, nice paint, went on well and would definitely recommend it. Also took the opportunity to use some fallout remover on the alloys whilst they were off (didn't get chance to dress the tyres or seal the alloys afterwards)

Here's some before and after shots :)

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

Looks good. But beware, psychologists say looking at yellow can bring about feelings of nausea.

History lesson.

Quite some time ago the Fire Service in York decided to paint all their appliances Yellow (from the traditional red). The reason being is Yellow is more visible in the dark, hence a great safety benefit.

When there was downtime at the station the firefighters were meticulous in cleaning their equipment and especially the appliances.

After a while several staff were complaining of feeling nauseous and it was determined that being in proximity of and working on areas of Yellow could cause this effect.

As a result they changed the appliances back to the original Red and no more problems.

Thanks! Was a difficult choice between lambo green and yellow. Would've gone for a metallic candy apple red if they'd done it! Now I'm thinking of adding some black ABARTH decals to set them off but it'll look less original I think

Nice job! (y)

I had a Mini some years ago ............ I don't mean one of those BMW abominations, I mean a REAL Mini ................ and I dropped a 1400cc 100bhp road rally unit into it. Went like an absolute bomb. :D

I painted the front disc callipers bright red and they showed up nicely through the Minilites alloys, but after a while, they faded and became rather "rust" coloured.

Hopefully your yellow will fare better than my red.

Best wishes,
Mick.

Back