Tuning fiat 500 2014 1.3 multijet abarth springs replacement

Currently reading:
Tuning fiat 500 2014 1.3 multijet abarth springs replacement

abarthss

Hi All,
My Springs have given up, I can see on ebay a cheap pair of abarth standard springs, will these fit the front and back with the same (new) shocks?

fiat 500 2014 1.3 multijet

Thank you

Thanks, do you have any thought on this little mod?

My first thought is that I'd be unhappy if the srpings had weakened significantly on a 2yr old car - how many miles have you done?

I've no idea which springs fit which models, though I'd expect the 1.3 to have different front springs from the rest of the range due to the added weight of the engine. Post 2010 models have an upgraded rear beam across the range and the rear springs are certainly softer than the earlier cars without the beam stiffening.

Ground clearance on the 500 is marginal and it's not a car which I'd personally want to lower, though some here have done so and been happy with the results.

Lots of folks here have done suspension upgrades on the 500 and I expect someone with real world experience will be along in due course.

Last edited:
Thanks, do you have any thought on this little mod?

Hi,
and a belated Welcome:)

compare part Numbers / fitment specs

Being DERV.. yours will at least be slightly more uprated than the 1.2's in essence,
but you'll be looking whether the actual mounts are the same..,
often the distance between front strut mount holes is different

Charlie

Thanks for your help. It's done 70k the shock are weeping alot and say that I should replace them and the springs arent in good shape. I just wondered if I put new oem suspension on and have the abarth springs as a nice treat?

They may physically fit but the multijet is quite a lot heavier than petrol engines cars so you may find it gives dodgy and undesirable driving characteristics. They won't give any performance improvement over the standard multijet items

During the summer I replaced the springs in my 08 1.3mjet. There was knocking at the back when going over speed bumps and the front strut mounts were creaking when turning at low speed. So when I was getting them seen to I thought I'd lower it. My springs were £100 eBay 30mm drop. Probably not the best springs in the world but I thought I'd take the chance. Worst comes to worst the originals can go back on and I haven't broken the bank.

All in all I'm very happy. The ride is no worse. Probably a little better as there isn't as much rear bounce.

Country lanes or parking half on half off a curb can be risky but having said that I've had to negotiate a seriously pothole laden access road to a quarry crossing several damaged cattle grids and everything is still in one piece. Slow and steady and meandering like an Olympic ski slalomist does the trick.

Tom

Back