General New Abarth 595

Currently reading:
General New Abarth 595

deef1

Hi chaps, it's been a while since I've been on. I've posted a few threads on here about the little jobs I did on my wife's 14 plate 500 Pop (LOLA), fitting chrome bumper inserts, kick plates, led boot light, tweeter rings etc. She was a great car, never put a foot wrong, always a pleasure to drive. In fact, she was kind of the reason why my wife started looking at Abarths a year ago and especially with the new 595's and new style touches it became a bit of an obsession so to speak. So we paid another visit to Sturgess in Leicester, did a deal on one that they had there and 5 days later picked her up.....and what an absolute pleasure she is too. A normal 145bhp in Record Grey and upgraded alloys, loving how she drives and loving how she sounds too...here she is. No doubt I'll be on here again looking for inspiration. I've added a couple of small touches, etched style transfers on each wing mirror, an Abarth badge on the parcel shelf, Abarth valve caps and I'll be adding chrome 501's to the side repeaters to stop the fried egg look
image.jpeg
Sorry for all the posts, it wouldn't let me do multiple uploads

Last edited:
Looks very nice congratulations ! I am very tempted in getting the 595 Competizione but what puts me off is the loud exhaust (will it be too much cruising on the motorway) the bucket seats and the overall cost. Would you say the new 595 is way better than the predecessor in the quality of materials used inside the cabin? I ask because I was looking at a 2013 model or possibly the standard 500 abarth . It hasn't got the info touch screen but would this put you off? Any advise appreciated.

Hi
That sounds familiar. My wife bought a 10 plate 500 convertible which was nice until she heard an Abarth going past, so we part exed it for a 2013 Legends blue 140 convertible which we fitted the monza exhaust and a tuning box to.
Less than a year later the new series 4 comes out and we have our first ever custom built car .
Abarth Competizione in red with leather and carbon seats upgraded stereo and screen.
I never listen to that just the sound of the pipes which I have now wired open.
It's been a journey that I have enjoyed every part of and I just feel like a kid when I fire her up and look at peoples reactions.
Abarth more like Amazing.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.
P,S who cares if the pipes are too loud enjoy them

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with series 3 Abarth interiors but I guess there was not much difference between the standard custom and the 500 pop in terms of quality....a few more twiddly bits but same door cards and switch etc. There are good deals to be had for nearly new Abarth 500 customs but it feels better to be a part of the 595 club. After now doing a few thousand miles in her, she sounds better, goes a tiny weeny bit better with a BMC panel filter and with a blue spark box early next year she'll have another 20bhp to go at. If you can get a new series 4 on a good pcp plan from your local dealer, that's always a winner!!

Hi
That sounds familiar. My wife bought a 10 plate 500 convertible which was nice until she heard an Abarth going past, so we part exed it for a 2013 Legends blue 140 convertible which we fitted the monza exhaust and a tuning box to.
Less than a year later the new series 4 comes out and we have our first ever custom built car .
Abarth Competizione in red with leather and carbon seats upgraded stereo and screen.
I never listen to that just the sound of the pipes which I have now wired open.
It's been a journey that I have enjoyed every part of and I just feel like a kid when I fire her up and look at peoples reactions.
Abarth more like Amazing.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.
P,S who cares if the pipes are too loud enjoy them
Even though it's my wife's car, I love it, I actually can't get over how much fun she is to drive. I'm still left wanting though and it's got me thinking about an Abarth spider for me when I change but the big deposit is making think twice!

Thanks deef1, I have never owned a car via pcp plan. Not sure how much the monthly costs and deposit be and us it a better than getting a loan? Anyway will look into it, cheers

We'd never looked at PCP before either until a friend of ours pointed out (a few years ago) that the money we were borrowing for a car loan over 3-5 years was the same sort of repayments for a new car. The car we were buying on a loan was a few years old and by the end of the loan agreement ended up not really being worth that much and you're be ready for a change after 4 years or so, so we'd part ex it in everytime and so on...

We first did LOLA our beloved little Red FIAT 500 at about £145 per month inc. gap insurance. No more worries with breakdowns, no more unwanted bills, just a set figure a month and job done. Any warranty work was jumped on GREAT!

Two and a half years on we've made the move to an Abarth. If you were to walk in off the street to a Abarth dealer you could get the series 4 Abarth 595 for £189 deposit and £189 per month (mileage dependent). Obviously gap insurance is extra but they may work that into the deal with a discount and not everybody has it. We do as i've seen the nasty side of not having it!

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Which model did you go for ? Any extras? I test drive the Competizione and it was a blast. The exhaust wasn't too intrusive but not sure if the seats would be a bit uncomfortable on long runs. The suspension was ok. Not sure to go used maybe 3 years old or new on the pcp .

Back