General Any Experiences with 595 Competizione 180 Auto

Currently reading:
General Any Experiences with 595 Competizione 180 Auto

BeeJay60

Hi All,

Anyone any experience with the 595 Competizione 180 fitted with the semi-auto paddle shift gearbox?

I currently own a Competizione 180 5 speed manual. Now 14,000 miles up and it's going absolutely great. I'm considering the semi-auto next time, still sticking with the 180 Competizione model preferably.

Has the auto gearbox been improved for the 180 bhp models, or is it still slow and slushy?

Brian

Hi All,

Anyone any experience with the 595 Competizione 180 fitted with the semi-auto paddle shift gearbox?

I currently own a Competizione 180 5 speed manual. Now 14,000 miles up and it's going absolutely great. I'm considering the semi-auto next time, still sticking with the 180 Competizione model preferably.

Has the auto gearbox been improved for the 180 bhp models, or is it still slow and slushy?

Brian
same auto box as far as i know, so rubbish. especially with the extra stress on it, i would consider it potentially even more unreliable than the normal dualogic! i'd avoid if i were you

Have you driven an mta Ahmet?

I have the 160 with paddles and love it, the only issues I have are if you leave it in auto it keeps changing 4th to 5th to 4th etc if you are stuck in 50mph commuter traffic, and sometimes you have to think for it to avoid a downshift halfway round a corner.....

Have you driven an mta Ahmet?

I have the 160 with paddles and love it, the only issues I have are if you leave it in auto it keeps changing 4th to 5th to 4th etc if you are stuck in 50mph commuter traffic, and sometimes you have to think for it to avoid a downshift halfway round a corner.....
the MTA is identical to the dualogic i drive on my Fiat 500 1.4 = )

'Slushy' is an impossible quality for an automated-manual transmission to have. It doesn't have a torque converter, so there's no way it will slur through gears like an automatic. That's a bit like asking whether grapefruit still taste savoury, if they're not sweet.

As you can drive a manual, I wouldn't think you'd have any problem with timing your gearchanges, so you will be able to drive an MTA. It's auto-only drivers that have the problem.

-Alex

My info advises that the competizione has Ferrari worked software, it works very well and no up change when lifting in corners
Very intuitive in traffic,very pleasing driving experience. And the big smile only £200 insurance

My info advises that the competizione has Ferrari worked software, it works very well and no up change when lifting in corners
Very intuitive in traffic,very pleasing driving experience. And the big smile only £200 insurance
Just wait until it breaks which it will eventually = ) I don't ever see a dualogic actuator lasting more than 5-10 years without giving problems, unless you only do 1,000 miles a year.

Back