General Avrg price of Insurance for a 2013-2016 Fiat 500 Abarth ?

Currently reading:
General Avrg price of Insurance for a 2013-2016 Fiat 500 Abarth ?

How long is a piece of string.

Probably £200-300 for me, but I live in an area with virtually no car crime, many year no claims and my age all makes it very cheap.

A different post code and I might pay 3 times that amount, just do a quote for your self on one of the price comparison sites

I'm just over £200 but old and low risk area...

if you've not bought yet and looking for a way to reduce insurance costs further apparently the MTA is several groups lower :)

Im 19 , my qoute is a litttle over 500 ! Its sucks !

The replies you've had thus far have been from the UK, where I'm thinking a 19 yr old would be doing very well indeed to get annual insurance on an A500 for £500.

Noticing your US flag and choice of words, I'm wondering where you're from?

500 in what currency? Monthly? Annually?

As to what you can do to reduce it, folks here have a few options:

- shop around. I'd expect there are price comparison websites in most markets

- pay annually. Paying monthly costs you more; often a lot more

- consider fitting some form of 'black box' so that the insurance company can monitor your driving style

- restrict the hours you can drive (typically this means not between 1pm - 5am when many young folks seem to have accidents)

- don't modify the car in any way

- don't make any claims; you'll quickly build up a worthwhile no claims bonus

- get older (this will happen naturally all too soon ;))

- add a named older driver to the policy (but beware of fronting - it's not worth the risk)

- volunteer to drive your car for a charity (like taking old folks to the day centre once a week). I once got a 20% premium reduction as a result of this :).

As others have said, there are often very large differences based on where you live and work, but there's not much you can do about this in the short term.

Last edited:
Wow those are relly low prices, are you talking about monthly payment or avarage for a year?

I pay for a regular 500 1.4 about 1100$ a year. include everything.

Mines £280 per year for a 40yr old female with full no claims bonus. Looking to upgrade to the Competizione so could be an interesting quote

Lol good days = )

My first car insurance in the UK at 19 with 6 month old licence was 1800 GBP for a 6000 GBP Audi A2 1.4 Fully Comp. Coudn't pay it all so i was paying 150 a month in direct debit = ))

Now in Greece I am on 600 EUR yearly with the full no claims. It won't go lower, as comprehensive insurance is expensive here. Most people get third party only, but I won't unless my car is worth less than 1000 EUR. (It's worth 7300 EUR on the insurance documents)

A different post code and I might pay 3 times that amount, just do a quote for your self on one of the price comparison sites

This. It's the only way to know for sure.

Your age and your postcode are probably the biggest factor. OP is young so the insurance premiums will be much higher.

I used to pay AUD $1500/year for comprehensive insurance for my 500, and I'm in my 30s (no accidents, no license demerits etc). I know other people my age who paid less than AUD $600 for the same coverage in other parts of Sydney. So in Australia at least, it often comes down to where you live.

I've shopped around and I pay around AUD $900/year nowadays, which is still a lot but much better than before.

Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to Drop me a line I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Regards
Dan

Back