Technical 12v feed for subwoofer

Currently reading:
Technical 12v feed for subwoofer

So I'm thinking of installing a subwoofer in my 2015 Yamaha edition. Problem is I have no idea where the wiring loom grommet is or if there are any other live feeds I can use. Any help appreciated! ?

If you're installing a subwoofer(amplifier) then its better to take the feed direct, via a fuse from the battery, few cables in the car can supply enough power for a decent amp. Whilst it may "only" draw 10/15 amps normally peak draw can be twice that, bass sucks power from the amplifier.
Either get a sub wiring kit( best and not too expensive ) or use 30A cable, fuse should be no more than 30cm from the battery.

If you're installing a subwoofer(amplifier) then its better to take the feed direct, via a fuse from the battery, few cables in the car can supply enough power for a decent amp. Whilst it may "only" draw 10/15 amps normally peak draw can be twice that, bass sucks power from the amplifier.

Either get a sub wiring kit( best and not too expensive ) or use 30A cable, fuse should be no more than 30cm from the battery.

Yeah I have all the wiring kit I took it all out of my old punto before I got the 595. Thanks for the advice I'll just take it straight from the battery

Back