General test drives

Currently reading:
General test drives

jerry2

We currently have a 500c 1.2 lounge. Nice car but I said to my wife now we are getting a bit older insurance goes down so why don't we look at an Abarth.
Booked in for a test drive in a new 135 manual. Was responsive and we liked it.
Then I said why don't we be cheeky and ask for a test drive in the 180.
So went back and spoke to the salesmen who was happy to oblige.
So signed another bit of paper and he got the keys.
As soon as he started it I knew it was going to be fun. 4 exhausts (Monza system I think).
Got in it and loved it , the hard aluminium gear knob , different bucket seats. g force meter.
Then driving it , well that was super fun , nice rumbly exhausts totally different to the 135.
The wife reckons it was too quick . So on the way back we got stuck at some traffic lights and the guy next to us lowered his windows so we blipped the throttle. It makes you want to just listen to the engine note it is lush.
Going to look at figures the 180 is £451 a preowned 135c is £244 , so will probably go for the 135 for now and then maybe look at a 180 next year .
Can the 135 be made as quick as the 180 with different management , injectors etc.
Look forward to any replies

Can the 135 be made as quick as the 180 with different management , injectors etc.

Unless you are buying the car for cash, first check the small print of the finance contract.

Most will say something to the effect of "no modifications permitted without written consent".

Remeber that, if bought on HP or PCP, it's not your car - legally it belongs to the finance company.

Also any such modifications will almost certainly void the vehicle warranty.

For the figures you have been quoted, you would be better off getting a brand new car. The 595 Custom (new name for the base Abarth) can be bought for £199 down and then £199 a month. The 595 Comp will only be a bit more. I have just bought a 595 Trofeo from Sturgess at Leicester. It is worth giving them a call.

Back