General Abarth 500 with sunroof

Currently reading:
General Abarth 500 with sunroof

Mageo

Hello Guys and girls, I am trying to find out if the panel between the windscreen and the electric sunroof comes off or not, I ask as I am starting to get a bubble ( from a stone chip I think ) and it looks like its a panel made of plastic with some sort of covering over it, the chip has opened the plastic covering and is now starting to bubble, I am not sure if it just peels off or if I try it might make a hell of a mess, so if anyone knows please let me know.

Mageo

It's most likely glued, there were some pics a while ago of someone having his fixed glass roof replaced... Do you have a pic?

I will take a few and get them uploaded
Mageo

Mageo

Well I have now concluded that it's a Respray job needed as the offending piece of kit is a bonded aluminium plastic coated bit f bodywork ? I checked fir a replacement and it was going to cost me £245 for the part and then have it fitted for god knows what, so it's a pant job this time around, for me it's a very bad design of the bonded bit if kit as it's always going to get chipped by stones, mind you the fixed glass one could be a very expensive replacement if ever needed ?

Mageo

Mageo

Back