General Abarth 595 starting issues

Currently reading:
General Abarth 595 starting issues

Dee595

Hi all newbie question time. Nb i thought i had posted this from my phone earlier,but i cannot find it on pc version:eek: apologies if i duplicate it. i have had an A595 for 5 weeks now,2014 MY, 900 miles on clock. i love it to bits but it has had an intermittent hot starting issue from day 1. cold starts are no problem but when engine is hot it takes 3 or 4 attempts to start. Even depressing throttle slightly makes no difference. no running issues once it does eventually start. Euro 6 software at its best????? Anyone experienced similar? cheers Davy

Does it sound like it's almost starting on the first few attempts?

I'd have thought the Euro 6 software would be too lean if anything...

Hi Tom95 yeah it does actually start,run rough for approx 1or 2 seconds then die again.this happens 3 0r 4 times then it starts and runs normally.On further research online i found other 595's suffer the same and it is a known fault/issue which dealers cannot diagnose!others claim it rectifies wih time?? many thanks

I have the exact same issue on mine, cold starts are perfectly fine and it fires straight up. Once the engines warm though it does start (very low revs) then basically just gives up and dies. Takes a few tries to get it going with some gas.

Hi chez595 further to my post re 595 hot start issues,my car with 2500 miles on it no longer suffers form this ailment.My car went into Fiat Dundee for a brake issue,on collection of the car there was a fault code rectified also,the explanation only said "acceleration pedal code removed" i kid you not!!!The receptionist could not get anyone from workshops to explain it! Anyway long story short,car now starts faultlessly when hot or cold. Others have suggested this cures itself through time . Might be worth atrip to dealer if still under warranty.

I am having same issues with my brand new Abarth 595 in Perth. Fails to start. Stalls, runs rough and miss fires. Has done it since it only had 10km on clock. Has been back to the dealership so many times they can’t figure it out or say they fixed it then it faults again. Currently have Kevin Flynn the ceo of FCA coming to my house next week with all the managed to cold start it and test drive it over 3 days. Please not this is already a faulty replacement from another faulty from new 500x!

I am having same issues with my brand new Abarth 595 in Perth. Fails to start. Stalls, runs rough and miss fires. Has done it since it only had 10km on clock. Has been back to the dealership so many times they can’t figure it out or say they fixed it then it faults again. Currently have Kevin Flynn the ceo of FCA coming to my house next week with all the managed to cold start it and test drive it over 3 days. Please not this is already a faulty replacement from another faulty from new 500x!

This has cropped up a few times recently a fix seems to be a remap of the ecu
this is a link originally from Australia with the same issue, a Romanian poster also had the same issue and had tried ALL sorts to fix it, I think he finally did so with a remap though not from Fiat the issue being too lean a starting mixture?
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/477642-2013-fiat-500s-crank-no-start.html

Back