Styling Door pillar vinyl flaking and cracking

Currently reading:
Styling Door pillar vinyl flaking and cracking

Has anyone else had the vinyl of the door pillars of their 500 flaking and cracking off? Ive noticed some bits having come off on the edge, as if it might have been caught by something and scratched off but noticed today that there are some big flakes falling off on the face of it too, almost like its delaminating.

I'm not overly concerned as it isn't a new car, but I wondered if it would be a difficult job to clean it all off and replace it with new vinyl? Has anyone any experience of this? Is it just painted black like the rest of the car underneath? Has anyone removed the vinyl and left it bare paint? Answer any of these questions lol

Would probably replace just with matt vinyl sheet, not into carbon fibre stylee or anything, but I have toyed with replacing it with white instead of black. Although black and white check might look cool. Or not.

Ta for any thoughts or info.

Has anyone else had the vinyl of the door pillars of their 500 flaking and cracking off? Ive noticed some bits having come off on the edge, as if it might have been caught by something and scratched off but noticed today that there are some big flakes falling off on the face of it too, almost like its delaminating.

I'm not overly concerned as it isn't a new car, but I wondered if it would be a difficult job to clean it all off and replace it with new vinyl? Has anyone any experience of this? Is it just painted black like the rest of the car underneath? Has anyone removed the vinyl and left it bare paint? Answer any of these questions lol

Would probably replace just with matt vinyl sheet, not into carbon fibre stylee or anything, but I have toyed with replacing it with white instead of black. Although black and white check might look cool. Or not.

Ta for any thoughts or info.
Not seen this issue on a 500 before.
Best to go to dealer to get the correct fix.
I think check would look awful, sorry.

Interesting. My 500 doesn't have the vinyl but my Panda does and it's a 56 plate and doesn't have this issue.

Our panda is doing this aswell but only on the drivers side should just come off with a hairdryer

My old fiat 500 had those stupid by diesel bits on so I just took them off and had shiny black paint. If I were you I would just peel them off...... Or reject the car and get fiat/abarth to get you a new one:D

Thanks for replies- but it's a 59 plate so well past the dealer giving a toss! Lol when we get into spring I think I'll have a go at removing it and see what it looks like with it off. If I replace it I'll go back to matt black though, you're right about the check idea :)

Thanks for replies- but it's a 59 plate so well past the dealer giving a toss! Lol when we get into spring I think I'll have a go at removing it and see what it looks like with it off. If I replace it I'll go back to matt black though, you're right about the check idea :)

I think the gloss black trims look better than the matte but what I really fancy are polished stainless covers for my black car.

Back