Tuning 250HP Fiat 500 M1 Turbo Tallini Competizione

Currently reading:
Tuning 250HP Fiat 500 M1 Turbo Tallini Competizione

You cited some Pirelli World Challenge as evidence... So.... Which continents does this WORLD challenge visit? Case in point.

When Americans modify cars in general it's to give them more lateral grip and traction. So you end up with cars that are wide, have wide tyres, LSD's and the like, but which don't really handle bumps and direction changes very well.

The Abarth is a pretty crap start point for a modified car. There are far better start points that will end up far beyond this particular one but you simply don't get them in the usa.

You cited some Pirelli World Challenge as evidence... So.... Which continents does this WORLD challenge visit? Case in point.

When Americans modify cars in general it's to give them more lateral grip and traction. So you end up with cars that are wide, have wide tyres, LSD's and the like, but which don't really handle bumps and direction changes very well.

The Abarth is a pretty crap start point for a modified car. There are far better start points that will end up far beyond this particular one but you simply don't get them in the usa.
It's US-based. Did you miss that? It hosts brands/teams/drivers from all over the world. That is why it's called WORLD challenge. I've attended. I post from experience... not opinion.

An expert in American design & engineering too? Nice one. I guess Ford doesn't compete & place well in rallies and other motorsport. The Ka, Fiesta & Focus must be US-only models. Interesting new info, for me.

Your opinion of the ABARTH, according to your own admission, isn't one of personal experience. The fact it competes internationally and has held its own against other brands speaks a lot to just how wrong your uninformed opinion is... Targa.

That is a large part of what has always made FIATs so fun. It's worth noting FIAT has always been a leader in Motorsport... with their ill-suited runabouts. Not a fan? Oh well.

Tha Ka is a 500 underneath and the Focus and Fiesta that are so successful in the WRC were all designed in EUROPE.

In the only INTERNATIONAL class that the 500 competes in it gets walloped, in the R3T class it gets pummeled by the Fiesta and Ds3 pretty much every time.

Ok

Attachments

• elvis-car.jpg
    elvis-car.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 27
Back to the original post.... personally i love it. Nice to see tuning companies showing an interest in Fiat again. Something will ALWAYS be faster no matter what you've got but that's not the point is it?

Saying Americans can't make cars that corner or produce decent drivers is just European snobbery. Viper and Corvette GT cars anyone? Mark Stielow's Camaro or any of the top pro-touring cars? Dan Gurney? Mario Andretti? Phil Hill? Carrol Shelby?

What I was saying is that Americans use different yardsticks when it comes to cars. Lateral g seems to be very important in the US, here we don't care about that.

Back