Technical ECU Replacement?

Currently reading:
Technical ECU Replacement?

nicol

Hi, so my ECU has been taken out and crash data has been reset. Just wondering if this can be put back in so I can drive the car again BEFORE replacing passenger seatbelt and roof airbag? Or will this corrupt/confuse the ECU again?

I've been waiting on the delivery of parts for over 10 days, and when I eventually recieved airbag, theyd sent driver side instead of passenger! And still waiting for seatbelt!

Please help, I have been of the road for a while now and being without my car is beginning to be very frustrating so hoping to get it back on the road ASAP!

Hi, so my ECU has been taken out and crash data has been reset. Just wondering if this can be put back in so I can drive the car again BEFORE replacing passenger seatbelt and roof airbag? Or will this corrupt/confuse the ECU again?

I've been waiting on the delivery of parts for over 10 days, and when I eventually recieved airbag, theyd sent driver side instead of passenger! And still waiting for seatbelt!

Please help, I have been of the road for a while now and being without my car is beginning to be very frustrating so hoping to get it back on the road ASAP!
Consider what you're saying here...... you want to drive without a properly functioning seatbelt and airbag. Think about that for a second.

Oh, you think that because cars didn't have pretensioners and airbags 50 years ago that this makes it alright? Those cars weren't designed to operate in a crash with those things in them, a 500 is and you risk serious injury or death by driving a 500 with non-functioning safety equipment.

Back