General Abarth 500 new instrument cluster

Currently reading:
General Abarth 500 new instrument cluster

jw4821

Does anyone know if the Abarth 500 will be getting the new style instrument cluster found on the new 500's?

Fiat_500_-_-14.jpg

If you order one now yes you will get it.

Will this be something we can transplant? I have 2013 model 500s and would like a nicer display.

Appearance-wise, I much prefer the old style speedo with rev counter in the middle. The only problem with mine is that the rev counter is broke and reads 8,000rpm all the time. Another member of this group, Sophiecs, has exactly the same fault.

I wonder why Fiat have changed the cluster design?

When I'm not in my car, I ride a Suzuki Burgman, with a digital dash - ie displays numbers for my speed like the new 500 display. I never really liked it as it's slower to read a number than see a position on a dial.

Appearance-wise, I much prefer the old style speedo with rev counter in the middle. The only problem with mine is that the rev counter is broke and reads 8,000rpm all the time. Another member of this group, Sophiecs, has exactly the same fault.

I wonder why Fiat have changed the cluster design?

I guess to keep up with the new Mini which has introduced a similar display

The Rev counter is bit on the small side for my liking and I dislike the everchanging numbers on the speedo, great if driven by digital robots buy not so good by analog humans.

Whilst I am at it bring back the rotary volume control, its lunacy to press buttons to change volume.

The Rev counter is bit on the small side for my liking and I dislike the everchanging numbers on the speedo, great if driven by digital robots buy not so good by analog humans.

Whilst I am at it bring back the rotary volume control, its lunacy to press buttons to change volume.

Yeh I'm with you on the rotary volume knob - far more ergonomic. Re the Abarth display, does the TFT mean that there is no longer the dash mounted boost gauge? Presumably I guess.

Yeh I'm with you on the rotary volume knob - far more ergonomic. Re the Abarth display, does the TFT mean that there is no longer the dash mounted boost gauge? Presumably I guess.

Not sure re boost gauge, would be good to have that space free for a TomTom 500/5000.

Also should say that that LCD layout looks a lot like the one in the Jeep Grand Cherokee I had as a courtesy car whilst the Panda was in being quoted on for insurance, it was horrid to use.

The citroen c4 I had before the 500 had digital mph, was good in that car as it was easy to read large readout, but don't think it would be in the little display.
Yes, but you don't have to take your eyes off the road to look at that one.

When I'm not in my car, I ride a Suzuki Burgman, with a digital dash - ie displays numbers for my speed like the new 500 display. I never really liked it as it's slower to read a number than see a position on a dial.

I agree, but in the case of the 500 the needle is only about 8mm long, so you first have to find the needle, then check where it's pointing. To make matters worse, the needle is very wide so completely obscures the markings you're trying to read.:bang:

I have no problem holding my speed accurately to a digital display.

If you have wheel mounted controls, you'll never reach for the headunit volume. If you don't, you don't have B&Me, so you've nothing to loose by upgrading to a cheap USB Mp3 Headunit.

Back