Technical Spongy throttle pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Spongy throttle pedal

griff74

I find the throttle pedal on my A500 to be very spongy, has very little resistence in the first half of it's travel, then firms up nicely in the last half, is this normal, can it be rectified??
I only ask as I find it very hard to keep a steady speed on the motorway due to this (and the fact that it's set so high!) and think if it was nice and firm through all of it's travel I could keep a const speed beter and have less ankle ach at the end of the journey!! :(

Doesn't make a difference to the actual physical feeling of the pedal though, unless you disassemble the unit (not advised for safety reasons!!!!!) you won't change the feel of it.

Tt's defo when in both sport and none-sport modes though I don't drive in sport mode on the motorway as the throttle response is too sharp, I don;t remember the 500 Pop I had while mine was in getting warranty work on it being so spongy, maybe the spring in the pedal box has weakened?? :confused:

I wouldn't say it's normal. Mine just feels like any other throttle pedal. I've not had mine in normal mode since I picked it up nearly six months ago, and I never will.
I think I will pop to Bauer Millet's and get them to take a look then, maybe compare it to another one!
I can't drive on the motorway with it in Sport mode, the throttle response is far too sharp for relaxed driving and I find the steering too heavy around town with it on as well, I save it for drives out in the country!!

TBH I really miss having cruise control when I'm on the motorway, has been ages since I've had a car without it and our DS4 has it, I think I might look in to an aftermarket system, they all seem to be about 400 quid though! :(

Back