General Bye Bye Abarth

Currently reading:
General Bye Bye Abarth

chas379

72 Year Old teenager
Went to local dealership today to evaluate the 595 Competizione with MTA box -vs- the Alfa Romeo Giulietta with TCT transmission..

Looking at what was on offer at the dealership and £3k being offered as a dealership incentive and 0% finance.

I'm sorry to say the Abarth lost out re availability against my spec. Although still under the Italian flag, in 3 weeks time I shoud have delivery of a Giulietta 1.4 Exclusive with TCT (170bhp).

In the scheme of things the deal suited my pocket.

I've enjoyed very much my time with the forum and hope I can (you will let me) contribute from time to time.:D

Being an Alfa, no doubt people will see you lots while they pass you at the side of the road, lol

Lets hope not. Suppose it's down to the luck of the draw. I was speaking to a friend yesterday evening who has a new Audi A4 RS and after 2 months the water pump exploded!!! So you never can tell.

I left Fiat in December but went over to VAG and got a Fabia vRS... Which had the engine replaced last month. All fine now.

It certainly seems a game of luck with all brands no matter how 'reliable' some think certain ones are.

At least you'll still be welcome on the New Forest meets chas379 by staying loyal to the Fiat group ;)

Yes, a Giu is a far better car than the 500.

Hmmm, very different car though. I'm a big Alfa nut and have owned loads but I think I'd have the 595 over it. There's no doubt the Alfa is a more practical car though and well engineered too. Now if it was a 4C....,

Better car, depends. As much as I love Alfa's, the A500 has more charisma in one of its hubcaps that the G has.

We will wait and see, it is all down to personal choice and over the years I have never owned the same marque more than twice. If I find the Alfa does not suit I'll buy a 595 for the other foot.:devil:(y)

We will wait and see, it is all down to personal choice and over the years I have never owned the same marque more than twice. If I find the Alfa does not suit I'll buy a 595 for the other foot.:devil:(y)

Absolutely Chas, buy what YOU want and don't be listening to us lot!!

Back