General What's it worth?

Currently reading:
General What's it worth?

If I'm right, I saw this car on Meridien's site when they had it. Looked stunning then. It's got the Brembo kit on it, and that includes the black "Tributo " wheels, which alone are worth a grand.

very interesting about the Brakes, do you think it might have the Monza exhaust too?
just checked the pic and its a twin exit dual pipe jobbie so looks very much like it!

owner knows very little about it...

sounds like it is def worth asking price with all those extras!!

Last edited:
not even WBAC would buy your car dude :D

Come on! My oil is always at the MAX mark and it gets 'Italian Tuning' several times a week keeping it nice and clean! The only thing I am worried about is the gearbox and I think its just the clutch giving out and a bit of oil to keep it nice and lubricated!

very interesting about the Brakes, do you think it might have the Monza exhaust too?
just checked the pic and its a twin exit dual pipe jobbie so looks very much like it!

owner knows very little about it...

sounds like it is def worth asking price with all those extras!!

Yea, I'd say that looks exactly like the Monza on my car. You can see the bigger front brakes. The Brembo kit will also include springs and Koni's. I'd say that if the cosmetics are easily sortable then you'd have a great car.

When I bought my car, even though it only had 4000 miles on it I got the dealer
very reluctantly on his part to do an oil change. He told me that part of the PDI when they do the power upgrade includes an oil change even though it's obviously come from the factory with fresh oil. So that red one may at least have had one oil change - very early on of course. I think originally that car was up for close on 20 grand.

Yea, I'd say that looks exactly like the Monza on my car. You can see the bigger front brakes. The Brembo kit will also include springs and Koni's. I'd say that if the cosmetics are easily sortable then you'd have a great car.

When I bought my car, even though it only had 4000 miles on it I got the dealer
very reluctantly on his part to do an oil change. He told me that part of the PDI when they do the power upgrade includes an oil change even though it's obviously come from the factory with fresh oil. So that red one may at least have had one oil change - very early on of course. I think originally that car was up for close on 20 grand.

that's great many thanks (y)

Yes looks like a monza on it, that will cost £800+ and the wheels are £1500ish if it has the brembos they cost another £1500.
Buy it now.

Last edited:
the lack of service won't have hurt it but lack of use might have.

Lack of use + no oil change would be the combination that would worry me the most.

I once had to spend north of £15k in 1986 money to overhaul a Lycoming O-540 in a very low hours Cherokee Six that had sat around unflown for many winters - the extent of the microcrystalline corrosion on the 'rods was revealing, to say the least. Most of the moving parts in that engine had to be replaced before the engineers would sign it off as airworthy & it wasn't even halfway through its rated TBO.

Any engine that's not going to be used for more than a month should have its oil changed before putting it away.

There's a good case for dealers changing the oil routinely on any used car taken into stock & put onto the forecourt, but I don't know of any who do.

If you really want a good example of internal corrosion damage, strip down a used lawnmower engine. Most get stored each winter without first changing the oil, contrary to the manufacturer's recommendations.

Last edited:
Any engine that's not going to be used for more than a month should have its oil changed before putting it away.

On Castrol Magnatec, my Jeep starts after a month of being parked without any tappet noise. I assume the rest of the internals likewise remain coated. It's great stuff for occasional use cars.

Back