General 500 Abarth

Currently reading:
General 500 Abarth

Grievezy

Hey, I'm curent a panda 100hp owner.. But would like to ask about any common faults or probs people have with these. In 2years I'm prob looking to upgrade to this and would like to start researching now. It's a toss up with this or a new fiesta ST but seen as i love the panda that much I'm think more with the abarth 500.
Thanks Grivezy

Yeh I know it is but I like exclusivity and the abarth is rare. I'm not chasing horse power but just looking for a thrill seeker and a car that will make u grin every time u drive it. No matter what one I get will get re-mapped.

Fiesta ST (new one) is 10x the car the Abarth is

Really? I'm sure it drives better, is faster, more comfortable, cheaper to run and has more room. Trouble is it's still a Fiesta . You'd be hard put to turn around after parking it and think "yea that looks nice". It would be a sensible choice though.

I've had so many Fiats + a couple of Mito's, but If I'm honest they always feel like a bit of a compromise.

You could also argue that the boggo Fiesta is also better than the boggo Fiat 500.

As Maxi says the Fiesta is a great car I have driven one for a few days. I would have one on my drive right now if it were not for the 595 competizione. The first time I took the 595 out for a test drive I could not stop smiling, the exhaust popping as I changed gear and the sense of occasion when just going to the shops is amazing. The fiesta may be a better car but it can only dream of the attention the 595 gets.

The problems with an abarth are, the dealers are crap, door handles come off (not happend to me with on my 500 or my 595) wiring between the boot and the car body can snap (again not happend to me on both cars)
The 500 abarth is a good fun car. It is a step up from the 100hp (I also own one of those) If you are looking for a bit more power look for an esseesse car or a 595 as these have 160bhp and not the standard 135bhp

Really? I'm sure it drives better, is faster, more comfortable, cheaper to run and has more room. Trouble is it's still a Fiesta . You'd be hard put to turn around after parking it and think "yea that looks nice". It would be a sensible choice though.

I've had so many Fiats + a couple of Mito's, but If I'm honest they always feel like a bit of a compromise.

You could also argue that the boggo Fiesta is also better than the boggo Fiat 500.

10x better I expect, but I know which one I chose and why. :)

12252874183_66729e0f69_b.jpg

or

2013-Ford-Fiesta-ST-05.jpg

Fiesta ST (new one) is 10x the car the Abarth is

If the Fiesta is 10% cheaper, 10% faster, 10% more economical, 10% more comfortable and 10% better handling. Then it's only 1.5x the car the Abarth is, surely? :confused:

Personally I'd take a Swift Sport over either the Fiesta or the Abarth, but only because I seriously don't want another Ford.

Interesting review here, though it's a year old, pre Fiesta ST and some will have seen it already.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm curent a panda 100hp owner.. But would like to ask about any common faults or probs people have with these. In 2years I'm prob looking to upgrade to this and would like to start researching now. It's a toss up with this or a new fiesta ST but seen as i love the panda that much I'm think more with the abarth 500.
Thanks Grivezy

If you want the exclusivity of the abarth....and the practicality, economy and size of the fiesta? Surely the abarth evo esseesse or supersport would be an option? Just throwing it out there mate

If you want the exclusivity of the abarth....and the practicality, economy and size of the fiesta? Surely the abarth evo esseesse or supersport would be an option? Just throwing it out there mate

The size don't really don't matter.. I just like the both of them. You can better the mpg of the 500 with getting it remapped so it's not too bad and gives u that wee but more power. Plus I don't like the evo abarth ?

If the Fiesta is 10% cheaper, 10% faster, 10% more economical, 10% more comfortable and 10% better handling. Then it's only 1.5x the car the Abarth is, surely? :confused:

Thumbs up to the forum's budding mathematician(y)(y)(y)

The Abarth surely is more a head turner than the ST. Yeh the st will be cheaper but but I think the abarth 500 is more special and will hold it's value a lot more?

Were any of them cloverleafs?

Buying a car is rarely a rational process- we buy with our hearts not our heads. On paper the Fiesta does make sense and ticks a lot of boxes, but I'd rather have a Fiat in my driveway....

Buying a car is rarely a rational process- we buy with our hearts not our heads. On paper the Fiesta does make sense and ticks a lot of boxes, but I'd rather have a Fiat in my driveway....

I like your thinking.. My heart wants the abarth but also I agree the fiesta dose tick all but unfortunately so dose the 500 for me.

It's drop in price abit already and will drop even more, due to the new fiesta rs version coming out ������

Ummm that's only been written about in autoexpress which means absolutely nothing, they just make half of their articles up.

I agree with grimwau in an earlier post about turning back and looking at your car after parking it. Jeremy Clarkson also suggests that you know you love your car when after parking you walk a few feet and turn back to gaze at your car in all its glory. I personally think the Fiesta is 'over designed' with too many fussy details and lacks the clean simplicity of the 500.

Back