Technical Enhance Performance of MTA box

Currently reading:
Technical Enhance Performance of MTA box

chas379

72 Year Old teenager
Have just read TMC have just launched an OBD programming unit which improves the performance of the MTA transmission.

Once programmed, after plugging into the diagnostic port, you don't leave it plugged in and you can't revert to standard but you wouldn't want to either as the car is 100 times nicer to drive with it done. Gear shifting is faster, smoother and increased torque. (Stated by TMC). Cost £300.

Any views or do you think this is just hype for a sales pitch?

Have just read TMC have just launched an OBD programming unit which improves the performance of the MTA transmission.

Once programmed, after plugging into the diagnostic port, you don't leave it plugged in and you can't revert to standard but you wouldn't want to either as the car is 100 times nicer to drive with it done. Gear shifting is faster, smoother and increased torque. (Stated by TMC). Cost £300.

Any views or do you think this is just hype for a sales pitch?

Sounds good, however, I would want to test drive a car with it fitted first before purchasing. TMC have an excellent reputation but I still wouldn't fork out that sort of money without trying it out in the real world.

I have emailed Darren for more info re a real world test. I asked if he would be attending any Italian car events this year because if so I would ask him to bring one to evaluate. I'll keep you posted as to his reply.
Good thinking Tony nice to se the 'old' grey matter still working:D

I'm soon doing a remap upgrade once again with my spare ECU and asking Daron to include the new MTA flash with it! as it's the one thing that's bugging my car at the moment is the slow gearchanges

Everything in engineering is a compromise - I'd suspect that a reprogramming to increase the speed of gearchanges will make them more of a bump under most conditions, and will shorten the life of the synchros. Can't get something for nothing here!

Still, it will always be possible to adapt the driving style to suit.

-Alex

I had a new reprogrammed ECU fitted to my Abarth when we upped the horsepower, and with the new ECU I have sluggish gearchanges and surging between changes in auto. I'm hopping this fix will cure the problem. As I can only drive mine in manual mode now and have to take my foot off the accelerator between changes to ensure no clutch slip occures.
Has anyone else had that problem with an
MTA box when fitting a new reprogrammed ECU ???

Back