Tuning Wanted : 500 Abarth rear shocks

Currently reading:
Tuning Wanted : 500 Abarth rear shocks

Ryan McCully

Hi all,
Im looking for a set of rear shocks for my 500 as I have just fitted esseesse suspension all round and now I have a intermittent knocking like a metal noise. I have advised its the rear standard shocks not coping with the lowered springs, so what have you got !

Ryan.

Hi all,
Im looking for a set of rear shocks for my 500 as I have just fitted esseesse suspension all round and now I have a intermittent knocking like a metal noise. I have advised its the rear standard shocks not coping with the lowered springs, so what have you got !

Ryan.
Perhaps it might be an idea to have the car seen by someone before blindly accepting an online diagnosis (admittedly it's probably spot on). There are a number of issues which could cause this and they're all fairly easily diagnoses, get the car seen before going out and spunking money on something that might potentially not solve your issue.

Could be a number of things, there might be too much rebound travel in the suspension and the springs might be loose, the handbrake mounting may have broken off or as Bgunn suggests, it could be the top eye bushes.

Hi there,
I have checked everything over and everything is tight, so I dont think its the springs loose and what top eye bushes are you on about ?.

Thanks.

The springs won't be loose when the car is at rest. Get the car checked out by a mechanic, forums are good but they're not a replacement for having someone actually look at the car.

Yep, maxi is right, could be a number of things, we can can guess all day long but it's no substitute for someone actually seeing the car and diagnosing the issue.
Not sure you should use standard shocks with up rated (therefore shorter) shocks and vice versa though.

Back