Styling Abarth 500 Assetto Corse Stripes

Currently reading:
Styling Abarth 500 Assetto Corse Stripes

So it turns out that I'm turning my gf into a little modder. After getting her 500, she now has the wheels refurbed in black and we've done the pop off mod to get the cheeky little 'tshh' when she changes gear!
Next in line on her genius plan is to have the assetto corse side stripes, again in black. We ordered some and took them to a pro detailer to fit, but he said they were rubbish and couldn't get them to stick very well.
Does anyone know where you can get hold of a decent set of these?

So it turns out that I'm turning my gf into a little modder. After getting her 500, she now has the wheels refurbed in black and we've done the pop off mod to get the cheeky little 'tshh' when she changes gear!
Next in line on her genius plan is to have the assetto corse side stripes, again in black. We ordered some and took them to a pro detailer to fit, but he said they were rubbish and couldn't get them to stick very well.
Does anyone know where you can get hold of a decent set of these?

Ignore Robin: he doesnt like modifications, they aren't to his 'taste'.

As regards stripes email a few sign writers and just confirm with them that they are using some decent 3M or Avery vinyl rather than some ebay crap.

Rob at Signmasta comes reccommended by me but I'm sure other's will be along to reccomend elsewhere.

The vinyl you've been supplied could be low tack for a specific purpose, poorly made or just the glue has past its useful life (stuck to the backing).

Alternatively if the originals are vinyl then an Abarth dealer may help out. Try Partsworld as they arent too precious about you supplying VIN numbers etc.

Last edited:
Ignore Robin: he doesnt like modifications, they aren't to his 'taste'.

As regards stripes email a few sign writers and just confirm with them that they are using some decent 3M or Avery vinyl rather than some ebay crap.

Rob at Signmasta comes reccommended by me but I'm sure other's will be along to reccomend elsewhere.

The vinyl you've been supplied could be low tack for a specific purpose, poorly made or just the glue has past its useful life (stuck to the backing).

Alternatively if the originals are vinyl then an Abarth dealer may help out. Try Partsworld as they arent too precious about you supplying VIN numbers etc.

Thanks, Alex.

Yeah, our Legacy has a record valve I think, you still hear a whoosh when you lift off when it's boosting, just that people in the next county don't hear and think "what a bellend"

Driving tonight in our Subaru for the first time in 6 months i did quite like the sound of the recirc valve when lifting off at the top of third gear :D

Back