Technical brake lines

Currently reading:
Technical brake lines

DazzaRS

just wondering if the brake lines from the fiat 500 abarth 08 - on go to any other Fiats?

iam finding it hard to swallow that braided lines for the abarth is more expensive than my mk2 focus RS

The price of brakeline kits depends on the number of hoses more than anything else. If your Abarth has a 6 lines kit, it will cost more than a 4 lines kit.

Rather than buy a kit, if people are charging more, just because of the "exotic" nature of your beast.. then order the lines separately - i.e. "made to measure", not "one at a time").

Measure the free length, check out what type of fittings they have at each end and Roberto is your Zio.. :D

The Fiat end-fittings are very box-standard metric. It'll probably be a concave, M10 "female" at one end and male M10 at the other (caliper) end... but do check since I haven't had a good poke about in the wheel arches so I dunno for sure. :D

Also consider HEL rather than Goodridge. HEL lines are 2/3 the price, just because nobody ever heard of them.. but I have HEL lines on Titch, the Younger Mrs S. Cinquecento and on my Alfa Romeo 145. They do the fancy coloured plastic sheath and stainless fittings etc. the same as Goodridge.. and same high quality... so don't rule them out.

Ralf S.

As well as Hel braided lines try Earls at Silverstone. Earls can make custom hoses to your requirements or if they have made some for the car before they know what to supply.

Edited to say that the HEL 4 line kit for the 500 is £68.95 inc vat and free shipping they also do the lines in various colours.

Last edited:
As well as Hel braided lines try Earls at Silverstone. Earls can make custom hoses to your requirements or if they have made some for the car before they know what to supply.

Edited to say that the HEL 4 line kit for the 500 is £68.95 inc vat and free shipping they also do the lines in various colours.

68.95 inc free postage isnt bad at all compared to £100 i have seen
also do you have a link for the kit you have seen?

I just googled HEL brake lines and went to the home page and followed the drop down menus.

Back