Styling How do I get the same red as the Abarth Cabrio US Intro model?

Currently reading:
Styling How do I get the same red as the Abarth Cabrio US Intro model?

kayandjohn

The 2013 Abarth Cabrio introduced at the Los Angelos Auto Show appears to be an oranger red than the "Russo" of the present Abarth -- in fact, the Cabrio red seems to match the red of the brake calipers, which if you glance at a Russo Fiat, is oranger than the red body. See the picture below.

The red-orange Abarth Cabrio introduced at the show is on the left; the deeper red from the 2013 Fiat website "Rosso" setting is on the right. Different, yes?

Ordering information for the Abarth Cabrio only lists "Russo" as its red.
I want that orange red of the LA Auto Show Abarth Cabrio... not the deeper red of the Abarth Rosso.

How do I get it?

Thanks!

Abarth Cabrio introduced at LA Auto Show (l) 2013 Rosso Pop from Fiat website (r)

Attachments

• 2013-Fiat-500-Abarth-Cabrio-front-three-quarter1.jpg
    2013-Fiat-500-Abarth-Cabrio-front-three-quarter1.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 40
  • Pop Rosso.jpg
    Pop Rosso.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 25
Reds in digital photos are very deceptive - I think you would need to see both in the flesh.

:yeahthat:

Here is a real rosso red NA A500. Looks more like the A500 in the opening post.

Thanks, loves... those red pictures helped... They do seem a bit oranger.

I am surmising that my supposed differences in red arise because the red is VERY susceptible to discoloration from dirt. In the flesh at the dealership, the reds that have been cleaned and are dust free are GREAT; even the smallest layer of dust, on others at the dealership, immediately transform the color from a beautiful cherry to a venial venous blood red.

Mystery Solved...

I have solved the mystery of whether or not the Rosso color of the Abarth has an orange tint.

When you *see* it, the answer is No!. When you *photograph* it under artificial lights, the answer is Yes!

Proof? I took a picture of a Rosso Fiat (not an Abarth) at the Suburban Fiat dealer in Ann Arbor Michigan. In person, the red appeared free from any orange tint, as all above have said, and indeed was a different color than the orange-red of the brake calipers. However, in the photograph, it clearly has the same orange tint as the LA Auto Show vehicle.

In fact, to better see it, I clipped a piece of the Fiat Cabrio from that LA Auto Show picture I put in the original post and laid it right on top of the fender of my own photo of the Rosso Fiat. Results are shown in the photo (the extra headlight is from the LA Auto Show... the rest of the picture is the Fiat Rosso I saw in person to be free from orange.)
To further confirm, I used the eyedropper of Microsoft Paint to grab the color of the LA Auto Show car and scribbled it onto the windshield post of the local car... that scorpion-like shape. Pretty much the same, no?

So in celebration, I ordered the first Abarth Convertible (Cabrio) in this state!

Attachments

• LA red vs Suburban Fiat red.jpg
    LA red vs Suburban Fiat red.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 68
Back