General My 595 Turismo

Currently reading:
General My 595 Turismo

The boxter should be around 35mpg not far off the abarth..and porsches are not that expensive to service when you go to an independent, in fact they are about the same price as a fiat 500.

Have a look here for servicing on that boxter
http://www.rsjsportscars.co.uk/service-centre/?smodel=10

I don't deny that. And Porsche's are probably the one German car that *are* actually made pretty well and not just trading on their name.

*cough* VAG.

The Maser certainly won't be cheap to run though ;)

IMHO you're mad to spend 20k on a 500. You could get so many other cars or other things.....

Whatever floats your boat I guess. But yes, I tend to agree. I have periods of temptation because I like the concept of the A500, but the price is rather salty, so I rapidly dismiss the idea.

I'll stick with my TA - it does all I need and delivers the smiles.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. But yes, I tend to agree. I have periods of temptation because I like the concept of the A500, but the price is rather salty, so I rapidly dismiss the idea.

Same. I like the idea of a fast 500, but the Abarth isn't that fast and the fast ones are expensive.

If I ever sell my Panda I quite fancy a nice 306 GTi-6 or a rallye.

Faster than an Abarth :)

Of course, but back in 2008 the 1.2 pop started out selling for 7k or so, is a Turismo really worth 12-13k more?

sorry, meant to reply to the twins!
Yep 20k on a A500 is a lot!!
Guess it comes down to how much money you have and priorities as far as car is concerned.
That's why I have a Twinair that thinks its an Abarth ;)

Turismo works out at £20k with MTA and few extras, is there another hot hatch out there that would offer as much fun ?

Secondhand 'convertible' A500 from £12-£14K which initially only came with the MTA. Good choice on autotrader and a good time of the year before the summer arrives.
Boxster S that RUI listed is very tempting but the issues with the Rear Main Seal means that you would need to check the oil on a daily basis. Get the impression that it's a design issue. Plus if you're having 'fun' you would be looking at 18mpg.

Boxster S that RUI listed is very tempting but the issues with the Rear Main Seal means that you would need to check the oil on a daily basis. Get the impression that it's a design issue. Plus if you're having 'fun' you would be looking at 18mpg.

Not much good for carting kids about, family holidays etc (if those kind of things are an issue) though.

Not much good for carting kids about, family holidays etc (if those kind of things are an issue) though.

A plus of the boxster is there's 2 boots - one in the front and another in the back 'behind' the engine since it's mid-engined so 2 up it should be fine. Porsche engines are economical for the performance they give but the S in particular needs high octane fuel with it's compression ratio at 12.5:1. For the Auto you need the newer gearbox (PDK) of the 2012 model which puts it out of reach. Do like the idea of a soft top for a Eurotrip and the A500c seems a nice compromise since it's not a full blooded convertible.

I don't think the MTA on those early Abarths worked as nicely as the updated version on the 595s.....
Got the impression that when a standard A500 was TMCd or esseessed the MTA gearchange improved so comparing a A500 with a 595 wouldn't be a fair comparison. Unsure if there has been any changes on the 'programming' of the 'new' MTA over the old one. From a thread before on the 695 that supposedly had a better change since the software was 'refined' with input from Ferrari so maybe some changes have taken place.

Do you carry your children within the boot of your car? ;)

After minding 3 kids over the weekend the thought did cross my mind ?;)

Boxster is a 'bargain' compared to the 911 convertible which will take 2 kids in the back.

Came across a thread on the AF about the MiTo being suitable for kids on posting a new thread on a Parking light that wouldn't go off . Just got word that the OH's MiTo will need a new ECU at a cost of €760. :mad:

Bummer (n).

Condolences.

:Offtopic:
If I was spending 20K on a new car a 5 year warranty as being offer currently on Fiats here (not too sure about Alfa) is good insurance. Can't understand why an ECU would cost so much.:confused: Anyway we wouldn't be getting it done - the car will just have to do within Parking lights until the next NCT in 2 years if we still have the car.

Back