Off Topic Abarth Apartheid must end!

Currently reading:
Off Topic Abarth Apartheid must end!

:doh:

Actually I could do with new wipers I think, the long one keeps sticking as it starts across the screen. Getting on my tibbies a bit.

They do seem to be problematical. Activated mine the other day on a single sweep, they juddered across the screen and the passenger side blade detached completely. Fortunately I was was only going slow and it fell onto the bonnet.:bang:

Good job it was a single sweep otherwise could have ended up with a scored windscreen and if going faster would have lost the blade.

Prior to this they had been operation free.

They do seem to be problematical. Activated mine the other day on a single sweep, they juddered across the screen and the passenger side blade detached completely. Fortunately I was was only going slow and it fell onto the bonnet.:bang:

Good job it was a single sweep otherwise could have ended up with a scored windscreen and if going faster would have lost the blade.

That's a weird one!

... please feel free to discuss your reasonings here as the more opinions we receive will help to make that final decision...

I would have to admit that I have stopped checking in on the Abarth forum as of late and missed the recent posts where a 500 member was looking for input on buying a Stealth A500 (well at least for the time being).

On the AF forum all the MiTo models are 'lumped in together' including the Cloverleaf or as it is now called the Quadrifoglio Verde. When you post your current car is displayed and it helps to 'identify' what one is posting if it's a little vague.

TBH the Abarth has had a 'hard time' on the 500 section and I would dupious of getting the wrong inputs if I created a thread looking for assistance. (Although that said, things may have changed and it might get a more positive reception). I would suggest that we take the same line as we have done on the North American 500 section with a link in the 500 section.

This approach may keep the current absent A500 drivers / owners / potential owners happy and also allow one to scan topics relevant to the A500 all in the one area. There are a lot of threads on the F500 section particularly in relation to colours that would be of no interest to A500 owners.

There is also a new development now within Fiat where Abarth, Alfa and Maserati may well get lumped in under the one umbrella.

I would like to think that the A500 is a little more than a 'moderately tuned Fiat' but then as with a lot of 'good things in life' - it may well be 'all in the mind'.

It seems to be the last 4 inches of the long one that is sticking and making the wiper bend and then shoot up the screen as it catches up with the rest of the wiper. I will be cleaning it this weekend so I'll rub a bit of vinegar on it. It stings a bit but removes any greasy residue.

I think the two sections should stay as 2, but the Abarth threads could be shown in the F500 section, just as any prefixed 'off topic' thread shows in LL.

I read all the Abarth threads but wouldn't bother if they was mixed in with the Fiat sections. (Some members put me off the 500 section. ;) )

Dom

Back