Technical PLEASE HELP!! Xenon Lights

Currently reading:
Technical PLEASE HELP!! Xenon Lights

storm0105

I got my xenon headlights (genuine) from UK finally, however it doesn't fit!!!!

The seller described as just plug and play but connector is different type....

Very disappointed and doesn't seems to have refund.

I posted picture how different halogen light connector and xenon light connector.

Could someone have any experience or Help me what to do?

Also If anyone will do exactly samething I did, Don't Do it.

Halogen version has DIFFERENT connector to Xenon headlights.

PLEASE HELP ME. otherwise My A$800 will be wasted. :(

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Assuming the law regarding HID xenon headlamps in Oz is the same as in Europe, the wiring will be completely different to allow for the required automatic levelling system.

You would also need the levelling sensors, brackets and link rods to fit on the front and rear suspension.

Attachments

• A500 HL Sensors.JPG
    A500 HL Sensors.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 190

If you bought them on ebay and used paypal to purchase them depending on how the ad is worded you would be entitled to a refund minus postal cost i.e. mis-leading advertisement (note that I have NO legal training).
If you paid from them outside the ebay 'system' but used paypal them you have recourse through the credit card.
I would suggest contacting the seller stating that they are not suitable and are not 'plug & play' and that your are returning them at your own cost. State that you expect to be refunded minus the cost of their P&P promptly.
For any claim to be successful you have to demonstrate that you tried to work the issue with the seller but had no joy.

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/290654-inbuilt-satnav-specifically-500-a-3.html?p=2956237

Last edited:
They are HID's firstly not xneon's, that is simply the gas in the bulb and is in many filament bulbs ago. As mentioned might not be legal also where you are.

But that asside, the seller is probably right in that they are plug and play for the UK market, but I'm not sure.

Again equally they may be plug and play for the 'age' of the vehicle. Did you not check the part number with Fiat first :confused:

Jon.

Very disappointed and doesn't seems to have refund.

I posted picture how different halogen light connector and xenon light connector.

Could someone have any experience or Help me what to do?

Also If anyone will do exactly samething I did, Don't Do it.

Halogen version has DIFFERENT connector to Xenon headlights.

PLEASE HELP ME. otherwise My A$800 will be wasted. :(

Hello Storm - I’d like to do exactly the same thing... how did you get on with this in the end? Did you change the existing headlight wiring and add the levelling sensors?

I did all this to an Alfa Romeo 156 once - about $2000 spent and I had original-equipment HID headlights, with correct ballasts/ECU, made up the wiring looms with corrugated tubing, plugs and wires ‘borrowed’ from a wrecked HID-equipped Alfa GT, wiring to diagnostic connector, new levelling sensors added to front and rear suspension, and replaced front bumper with washers/high-pressure washer pump... I’m fairly certain it will be cheaper for the 500, but a similar process. The bumper won’t need to be replaced, as the ‘sprinklers’ are integral to the lights.

Wiring looms are likely additional to the standard wiring. There will be a connection to the CAN bus so that the body computer can turn on/diagnose the lights. Plugs do look the same as the Alfa GT plugs, but we’d need information from a recent eLearn to know exactly which wires to connect.

In the event that you still have the headlights unused, I’ll be keen to purchase them off you.

Davren - if you’re reading this - is that diagram from ePer or eLearn?

Thanks
-Alex

Last edited:
Hi Alex, not seen you on here for a while. Thought you'd deserted us. ;)

The diagram is from the June 2014 ePER v84.

Sorry :eek:
Feels like the last two years have been spent finishing my house, selling my house, moving house... that and the flawless performance of our 500 (which I did post about) is why it might have seemed that way, I guess.

ePer - hmmmm... I’d better try to find eLearn documentation for the Abarth 500, as only that would explain the wiring for the headlights.

Cheers
-Alex

The factory fitted Xenon headlights also have a mechanical washer system too which has an associated water bottle under the bonnet as well as all the self levelling gubbins.

Back